Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: My daily outrage. [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the easy solution. However, I hate using my card, so I try to pay cash the majority of the time. Which means I don't use the keypad enough to memorize it well. I mean in my head I know where all the numbers are, it's just starting my had in the right place.
So when I don't have cash is when I go through this.
Quote Reply
Re: My daily outrage. [Cervelokid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The keypad height isn't even the biggest issue - it's the wildly varying degree of super-duper-secret handshake type routine you need to do now that they introduced chip readers, and it seems to be different at every fucking store.

Red X for credit? OH! Wrong! Transaction cancelled, start again.

Insert card or not? Go ahead, try your luck!
Quote Reply
Re: My daily outrage. [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Luckily I haven't ran into this, but I've heard a lot about it.

Wait- am I supposed to have a card with a chip now?
Quote Reply
Re: My daily outrage. [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The keypad height isn't even the biggest issue - it's the wildly varying degree of super-duper-secret handshake type routine you need to do now that they introduced chip readers, and it seems to be different at every fucking store.

Red X for credit? OH! Wrong! Transaction cancelled, start again.

Insert card or not? Go ahead, try your luck!

Can't agree more. We still have a half and half mix of chip readers and non readers. Then it seems every place you go has a different format. On top of that stores throw in sundry "Specials", "Do you want to donate to...", "Do you want to sign up for..." and on and on. There should be an "Express" button that if you press it it follows the same format regardless of machine.

Slightly off topic, exactly what does the chip do? Whether I swipe or whether I have a chip reader version I go thru the same thing. I have the same protection of PIN number or something else regardless of which I use and if someone has my card they have the same chance of using it as well.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: My daily outrage. [Cervelokid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Use Apple Pay.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next