Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Hillary is going to solve the 49ers' Kaepernick problem
Quote | Reply
Well, he's dead ...

Colin Kaepernick Just Went Beastmode On Hillary Clinton
'We have a presidential candidate who has deleted emails and done things illegally. . . If it was any other person, they'd be in prison.'
August30, 2016 By Bre Payton
San Francisco 49er quarterback Colin Kaepernick, who recently refused to stand during the national anthem at a preseason game, just unloaded on Hillary Clinton.
“We have a presidential candidate who has deleted emails and done things illegally and is a presidential candidate,” he said, referring to the 15,000 emails Clinton “wiped” from her private, unsecured server she used during her tenure as secretary of State. “That doesn’t make sense to me.”
“If it was any other person, they’d be in prison,” he said.” So what is this country really standing for?”

http://thefederalist.com/...ode-hillary-clinton/

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary is going to solve the 49ers' Kaepernick problem [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SO he supports Trump?

How about the rest of that exchange towards the Trumpmeister…

Dude is toast. Unless he eats a big bucket of shit real soon, his career is over. When both candidates are against you, put a fork in it. They agree on just about nothing, but this?
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary is going to solve the 49ers' Kaepernick problem [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
SO he supports Trump?

Oh gawd no! Did you think I was implying that?

monty wrote:
How about the rest of that exchange towards the Trumpmeister…

Dude is toast. Unless he eats a big bucket of shit real soon, his career is over. When both candidates are against you, put a fork in it. They agree on just about nothing, but this?

He is starting on Thur night. I don't think I can get that game, but would love to watch. He may get killed on the field.

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary is going to solve the 49ers' Kaepernick problem [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh gawd no! Did you think I was implying that? /

Well you left out his rant on the racist Trump and only included the Hillary portion. Sometimes what you leave out tells more than what you included.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And I don't believe the BS about the 49'ers being more united now because of this. No way.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary is going to solve the 49ers' Kaepernick problem [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Well you left out his rant on the racist Trump and only included the Hillary portion. Sometimes what you leave out tells more than what you included.

Ah. Sorry about that. Not my intent. I don't think his criticism of Trump is going to keep Hillary from killing him.

Quote Reply
Re: Hillary is going to solve the 49ers' Kaepernick problem [Uncle Arqyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uncle Arqyle wrote:
And I don't believe the BS about the 49'ers being more united now because of this. No way.

I'm with you. No chance!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

I'm with you. No chance!

They might all be united in their belief that Kap's a douche.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary is going to solve the 49ers' Kaepernick problem [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

I'm with you. No chance!

Ha! I didn't think of that. You may be right!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
slowguy wrote:
JSA wrote:
Uncle Arqyle wrote:

I'm with you. No chance!

Ha! I didn't think of that. You may be right!

Now we know why so many niners retired the past few years. Douche QB, douche owners.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For me, some good came from his actions. I have now read the entire poem that is the Star Spangled Banner. I also have a better understanding about Francis Scott Key and his racist views. I see the references in the 3rd verse to slaves. I see the reference in the 4th verse to a god.

I do not say the pledge to the flag because of the religious reference. I have not previously had an issue with the national anthem. As a father of a soldier I have always seen it as honoring them. But now I have to re-evaluate all of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary is going to solve the 49ers' Kaepernick problem [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
For me, some good came from his actions. I have now read the entire poem that is the Star Spangled Banner. I also have a better understanding about Francis Scott Key and his racist views. I see the references in the 3rd verse to slaves. I see the reference in the 4th verse to a god.

I do not say the pledge to the flag because of the religious reference. I have not previously had an issue with the national anthem. As a father of a soldier I have always seen it as honoring them. But now I have to re-evaluate all of it.

God, I hope you're kidding.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: Hillary is going to solve the 49ers' Kaepernick problem [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clearly a racist lyric... it has the word slave in it. How can you not see the racism?!?

And where is that band who so vauntingly swore,
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion
A home and a Country should leave us no more?
Their blood has wash'd out their foul footstep's pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight or the gloom of the grave,
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary is going to solve the 49ers' Kaepernick problem [Harbinger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
. I have now read the entire poem that is the Star Spangled Banner.

Based on the rest of your statement, just because you read it doesn't mean you understood it.
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary is going to solve the 49ers' Kaepernick problem [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Enlighten me then. I'm open to your understanding of it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:

A mere mention of slavery does not mean: Yay Slavery!
Quote Reply
Re: Hillary is going to solve the 49ers' Kaepernick problem [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

Agreed. The rest of the reference is:

Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:

I am reading that this refers to the African slaves who fought for the British in part because of the promise of freedom from slavery. That the lyrics were referring to his disdain for them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:

Here we go again.

Pointing out that Hillary is crooked, corrupt and criminal must therefore mean love of Trump...

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
monty wrote:

Ah. Sorry about that. Not my intent. I don't think his criticism of Trump is going to keep Hillary from killing him.

Oh you meant he was on the list with the other 90+ people. Yep, she has already put the bounty on him.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Harbinger wrote:
windywave wrote:
Harbinger wrote:

Agreed. The rest of the reference is:

Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:

I am reading that this refers to the African slaves who fought for the British in part because of the promise of freedom from slavery. That the lyrics were referring to his disdain for them.

Ok, so sadly, you weren't kidding.

First, there is no scholarly consensus for the exact meaning of that stanza. Some interpret it to refer to mercenaries, slaves, and impressed workers (whites and blacks) who were forced to fight for the British. Second, the first line you quote isn't referring to the hirelings and slaves. The "foul footsteps" belong to the British (the "band" who swore that war would leave us a "Country no more.") The stanza refers to slaves and hirelings. It doesn't express any particular disdain for them, and it certainly doesn't espouse any racist ideology. It simply acknowledges the circumstances of the times.

Lastly, it's fairly silly to reconsider your pride in our anthem because of a verse that hardly anyone know, and nobody ever ever sings.

I'm really getting sick of living in a place and time where people are so damn insistent on finding things to be bothered by.

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hillary better solve their woes because Gabbert sure isn't going to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
I'm really getting sick of living in a place and time where people are so damn insistent on finding things to be bothered by.

I'm bothered that you're bothered by other people being bothered (bothered^3). Hopefully, this doesn't bother you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:

First, there is no scholarly consensus for the exact meaning of that stanza. Some interpret it to refer to mercenaries, slaves, and impressed workers (whites and blacks) who were forced to fight for the British. Second, the first line you quote isn't referring to the hirelings and slaves. The "foul footsteps" belong to the British (the "band" who swore that war would leave us a "Country no more.") The stanza refers to slaves and hirelings. It doesn't express any particular disdain for them, and it certainly doesn't espouse any racist ideology. It simply acknowledges the circumstances of the times.

Thank you for the information.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
I don't think his criticism of Trump is going to keep Hillary from killing him.

I don't think they'll go Russia style and put a bullet in his head. But, if he's found dead of a drug overdose we'll know what happened.
Quote Reply