Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Framing a PTA mom [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
She drove her PT Cruiser to her apartment about a block away...

She drives a block? One fucking block?

She deserves at least 6 months in County for that.

That's your takeaway from that sentence. I'd be more enraged about the PT Cruiser.
Quote Reply
Re: Framing a PTA mom [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

That's your takeaway from that sentence. I'd be more enraged about the PT Cruiser.
I was about to say the exact same thing. I'm a lazy person, driving a block is ridiculous, but somewhat understandable (i'm not advocating driving 1 block!!!). Driving a PT CRUISER? That just shows you've given up on life, or a dimwit.

Didn't michael scott drive a pt? Do you really want to be like him?!?
Quote Reply
Re: Framing a PTA mom [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
kiki wrote:
I'm looking at it from the perspective of what's solvable.

You've got this crazy couple who are going to wreak havoc somewhere, somehow, because they're congenitally batshit. Unsolvable.

You've got a PTA president tasked with coordinating kids on the after-school program. That's pathetic. No way should a parent have that kind of responsibility over other peoples' kids on school grounds. But that's a budget issue, I guess. Unsolvable.

You've got a PTA president who implies to a parent that their kid is not intelligent because she left him behind. Wow. But unsolvable, because she's volunteered, and the school otherwise can't pick up the slack.

So all these problems and lapses -- the one thing that stands out as an easy fix in this mess is counting heads to make sure 6-year-olds aren't left on their own to wander off. Keep the kids safe at school, job one.

admittedly i read the article super fast -- but yes, that's what stuck out.

Seriously? So you read "he was a little slow" not as he was a little slow getting to the line, but instead (like the psycho mom) as the kid's a dunce?

Yes. Unbelievable that Kiki's complaint is the same as the psycho-mom.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Good point.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AlanShearer wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

The PT Cruiser is bad, no doubt. But the PT Cruiser ripoff is worse. I give you the Chevy HHR.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Framing a PTA mom [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My assistant has one of those. I remember when she bought it brand new and showed me it, all proud and stuff. I'm very good at faking compliments and hiding disgust.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am still trying to figure out how they scored the pills and weed they planted. Surely the pipe had to have been used. If so, I would think there would be a ton of dna from saliva. They didn't strike me as the type of couple that could go ask around the office who could score some drugs. It was probably that horny fire fighter guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Framing a PTA mom [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

The PT Cruiser is bad, no doubt. But the PT Cruiser ripoff is worse. I give you the Chevy HHR.

You should be banned for mentioning that atrocity.

Calling someone the "R" word, the "N" word or the "C" word, or mentioning the Chevy HHR are all worthy of a ban. As a guest moderator you should be ashamed.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
BLeP wrote:
AlanShearer wrote:
Duffy wrote:
Quote:
She drove her PT Cruiser to her apartment
about a block away...

You should be banned for mentioning that atrocity.

Calling someone the "R" word, the "N" word or the "C" word, or mentioning the Chevy HHR are all worthy of a ban. As a guest moderator you should be ashamed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDZgoSN8Gk0
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Obviously you have never been to Irvine.
A block in that area can very well be half a mile long.

I lived there for 10 years and I got way more batshit crazy stories that never made it to court.

I also once gave Kobi Briant some input on his swim stroke.....gifted athlete swimming 1000y short course on the 1:30 send-off /100y. One of the highlights while living there.
And training was still great there back then.... cool inner city running trails and cycling wasn't as dangerous as it is now.

Did I say most woman there were bat shit crazy?

Men there fell mostly in two categories, some with real balls and some with none. not much in between.

Fun times.

Duffy wrote:
Quote:

Last edited by: windschatten: Sep 3, 16 0:54
Quote Reply
Re: Framing a PTA mom [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am familiar with the female of the OC species.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Quote:

I'm more put off that she's driving a PT Cruiser...

LLLEEEEEEEEEEEERRRROOOYYY JEEENNNNNKKKIIINNNNNS!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Framing a PTA mom [Amstel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jill Easter’s DNA was on the pot pipe and the Vicodin pills, though not on the Percocet. And Kent Easter’s DNA was on all three.

sooo the criminal masterminds didn't wear gloves?
Quote Reply
Re: Framing a PTA mom [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiki wrote:
Jill Easter’s DNA was on the pot pipe and the Vicodin pills, though not on the Percocet. And Kent Easter’s DNA was on all three.

sooo the criminal masterminds didn't wear gloves?

Hell, it seems like they dipped into their own, personal stash to provide the product.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Framing a PTA mom [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, that was a fun read. Can't wait for the Lifetime movie, if it ever happens.
Got my wife to read it this weekend. She looking at the other moms in our daughter's preK class a little differently now. They currently have an email tit-for-tat battle going on regarding mat sheets. She's decided to sit this one out and not interject her opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Framing a PTA mom [ubdawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ubdawg wrote:
Well, that was a fun read. Can't wait for the Lifetime movie, if it ever happens.
Got my wife to read it this weekend. She looking at the other moms in our daughter's preK class a little differently now. They currently have an email tit-for-tat battle going on regarding mat sheets. She's decided to sit this one out and not interject her opinion.

This! My wife is on the board for the local Mom's Club and has had a few situations where people just come unhinged about things (fraud in this case), lie about it, and then don't understand why they're no longer part of the club - this is the next level though.

twomarks
Quote Reply
Re: Framing a PTA mom [twomarks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a short stint as a treasurer for a PTO... President (woman) publicly accused me of "physically assaulting" her. Total lie, I was never alone with her and no one could corroborate her story. I had her show the rest of the board what exactly I did and she acted out this comical "lunge" motion with palms facing upwards. I had never known a pathological liar before and didn't play it as well as I could have. She got the sympathy by crying and I was amazed that people gave her any credibility with her prior track record, but others whom didn't like me used it as ammo. Had to bail from that school. Will never volunteer for that sht again!
Quote Reply
Re: Framing a PTA mom [hank rearden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's terrible - sorry you had to go through that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was epic. The plus side is that I got to experience it and it exposed me to a totally different world.

Politics, basic human emotions... I work in engineering, so it was all new to me. One person totally self-destructed the whole organization. Most of the board members resigned and the school disaffiliated with the org. The principal encouraged this woman to be the president. Total cluster. Pulling the ejection handle never felt so good.

The funny thing was that up until that point, we were hugely successful raising money. We achieved the fundraising goal in the first week of school. I didn't think that this success would be a negative, but the prior board members weren't happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This was quite an interesting read.

Not nearly quite as evil, but just about as crazy, we recently had a woman in our neighborhood who was outraged by the bus driver being late. She actually tracked the bus stop time every day, and complained about her being as much as 3 minutes late. She would often follow the bus to school in her car. She met with the principal and superintendent of the school several times over the course of the school year, citing concerns about safety during cold weather, and insisting the driver needs to be fired.

The bus driver actually lives across the street from her. The bus stopped less than 100 feet from her front door and was the first stop of the day, so the driver would step out of her house, onto the bus, move forward 20 feet and pick up the kids. This is the first of a total of 4 or 5 stops. Our neighborhood is half a mile from the school and the kids have never been late for class. The schedule is pretty well padded.

The superintendent finally solved this "problem" by swapping bus drivers. The "bad" driver didn't lose her job, but got a new route (on the other side of the neighborhood). I haven't heard if she has any complaints about the new guy.

Similar to the Easter's story, the real question is what did the bus driver do to deserve such harassment? The only thing we can figure out is that the bus driver had made the crazy mom's kid sit at the front of the bus because he was acting up.

What is it about our society that we get so worked up about such petty crap?

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Framing a PTA mom [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
What is it about our society that we get so worked up about such petty crap?

It just means that you don't have a job.... Stay at home parents are very over qualified for that role.
Quote Reply
Re: Framing a PTA mom [hank rearden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spot on. This particular crazy lady is a stay-at-home mom with an engineering degree. She's very intelligent, but obviously has too much time on her hands.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply

Prev Next