Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BmanX, are you ready for your brain to explode? Clip on/ drop bar integration
Quote | Reply
So, for one of you not familiar, bmanx has been bringing up a tririg like clip system for drop bars since I don't know when.

Well, your day has come, kind of...

http://www.planetx.co.uk/...-triathlon-handlebar

It's not actually available yet. $450 for a stem, carbon bars and the clip set. The only drawback that jumped out at me is that it looks like you couldn't run the extension under the bar with the pads on the bar on top but I could be wrong, and it may be something that could be mcguyvered(sp?) . Anyway, it's a cool system, but knowing Planet X, a 10% off is probably just around the bend so I'm definitely not going to pre order but I will be very interested once it's in stock.
Quote Reply
Re: BmanX, are you ready for your brain to explode? Clip on/ drop bar integration [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well it is as close as I have seen. I agree that they need to mount the extensions to the underside and allow you to use the armrests on top or just not use them.

I would say that they are very close. I might have to buy them and I am sure I can sort out something to get what I want.

I do love the stem/bar integration
Last edited by: BMANX: Aug 30, 16 8:14
Quote Reply
Re: BmanX, are you ready for your brain to explode? Clip on/ drop bar integration [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually

I designed what you wanted 2 years ago already for Blktec but after leaving them, they changed the design and molds from original 3d

https://www.facebook.com/culpritbicycle/posts/726441837435418?pnref=story

Which before I left them could do below and above. I just got one finally from them and its like PRO with too wide an aero bar design. So not crazy about it.

The planet X you mentioned above, I am also keen on as it looks like my original design but I see alot of design areas that need some improvement.

1. Aero bars are Dengfu.... Shows above, no sign of below

2. Look at the weight.. site shows 400 grams for bar only... Hope that isnt right...
3. Cable routing...
4. Stem is a Svelte 246 grams, not bad but not light for carbon..."Built from carbon, with a removable face plate, Integrated Garmin Mount and metal threaded inserts for all bolt fixing the Selcof Ultra Carbon Aero Stem weighs in at a suitable svelte 246g. It's a light weight, high strength stem that's packed with features and designed to help you blow the competition away as part of our new Selcof Ultra Carbon cockpit."

If your not in a rush, please wait til next year. New designs are coming, but takes time. I do not wish to launch and make ppl wait forever for the product. So waiting on first riding samples come Dec/Jan. Will give out to Media if I meet my timeline in January.

Below are pics of Blktec Models which can be bought. Stem only made 120 mm length due to di2 inside the stem and bar is offered in 3 sizes. Blktec R1 and stem M1 (160 grams though is pretty good)

http://blktec-cycles.com/collections/bars/products/r1
http://blktec-cycles.com/collections/stems/products/m1

Quote Reply
Re: BmanX, are you ready for your brain to explode? Clip on/ drop bar integration [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going to wait until something comes out that address all of my requirements. I did go back and check the weight and just that alone is a no go.

I had custom bars made and the concept behind the design was to integrate extensions into the design but the builder was not able to provide me with a complete solution. The bar/stem integration was very nice in the end but not the complete package.

If you want to chat about what I am looking for, I would be willing to give you as much time as you would like.

This integration is lighter than just their bars.

Last edited by: BMANX: Aug 30, 16 8:39
Quote Reply
Re: BmanX, are you ready for your brain to explode? Clip on/ drop bar integration [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmm, from the images of the extensions it looks as though you will need to do a fair bit of fettling to get them mounted under the bars and even more so to use the pads on top at the same time.

The 3T clip-ons aren't bad in terms of stack height, but I agree, a "bolt-on" rather than a "clamp-on" solution would be much nicer.

Quote Reply
Re: BmanX, are you ready for your brain to explode? Clip on/ drop bar integration [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmm. I forgot about the blktec, it's not a bad looking option. The pads are a little wide but for a road bike, but that bothers me a lot less on a road bike.

I didn't even think to look at the weight, sorry bman, I blew the horn too early.

If there's one thing I've learned in life, it's that there is no use waiting for a product that isn't out(particularly because there are never any guarantees about time, price, features, etc.). I don't need a setup right now, but I'll buy when I buy when I find the right balance.

I do wonder if these kinds of products are getting to market to late, I feel like people are way more likely to just get a full tri bike lately than 10-11 years ago when I started.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Runless wrote:
but knowing Planet X, a 10% off is probably just around the bend

Funnily enough, when I click on the link I'm already seeing a 42% pre-order discount which brings them down to ÂŁ144 if you're in the UK ($188 at current exchange rates)!
Quote Reply
Re: BmanX, are you ready for your brain to explode? Clip on/ drop bar integration [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but include the tribars and stem and you´re looking at 377 quid. Ouch.

-------------------------------
´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: BmanX, are you ready for your brain to explode? Clip on/ drop bar integration [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is not that bad actually when you consider buying this set up with a TriRig Sigma X (when it is available). TriRig stem will be $240 USD

I still want to use the TriRig stem because it has the ability to run bare cable down the front of the bike.

I have contacted this company and can get this set up which I feel is the best option at this time with an aero stem. Just cost is high.

Haero (the least expensive version) $$520 USD

Last edited by: BMANX: Aug 30, 16 9:31
Quote Reply
Re: BmanX, are you ready for your brain to explode? Clip on/ drop bar integration [Barchettaman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barchettaman wrote:

What is a quid?
Quote Reply
Re: BmanX, are you ready for your brain to explode? Clip on/ drop bar integration [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bloody hell - those look very nice indeed!

That´s a tiny little place where they have their factory, just east of Stuttgart. I only knew of it because the Memminger brewery is just up the road!

´Get the most aero and light bike you can get. With the aero advantage you can be saving minutes and with the weight advantage you can be saving seconds. In a race against the clock both matter.´

BMANX
Quote Reply
Re: BmanX, are you ready for your brain to explode? Clip on/ drop bar integration [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
Barchettaman wrote:

What is a quid?

No pound symbol on my German keyboard, I´m afraid!

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you could pick me up a pair and some good beer. Where do I sign up.

They have 3 different pairs and all of them light.

Last edited by: BMANX: Aug 30, 16 9:48
Quote Reply
Re: BmanX, are you ready for your brain to explode? Clip on/ drop bar integration [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
Barchettaman wrote:

What is a quid?

One British pound.
Quote Reply
Re: BmanX, are you ready for your brain to explode? Clip on/ drop bar integration [cartsman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:
Barchettaman wrote:

What is a quid?

One British pound.

Oh thank you. Kinda like saying a 'dollar' or a 'buck' in the U.S.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
analogous to "buck"

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup. Think it comes from "quid pro quo" i.e. the idea that you can exchange it for something.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
That is not that bad actually when you consider buying this set up with a TriRig Sigma X (when it is available). TriRig stem will be $240 USD

I still want to use the TriRig stem because it has the ability to run bare cable down the front of the bike.

I have contacted this company and can get this set up which I feel is the best option at this time with an aero stem. Just cost is high.

Haero (the least expensive version) $$520 USD

Back in the late 90's, Scott had developed almost that exact same system...down to the collar attachment system. The idea was for a road bar that could accept aero extensions or a version of Scott Rakes. Unfortunately, it never went into production.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: BmanX, are you ready for your brain to explode? Clip on/ drop bar integration [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Such is the Spirograph of life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:

Yep, no problem. I'm actually working at the Stuttgart opera in early 2017, so not far to go! Let me know.

BMANX
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Barchettaman wrote:
BMANX wrote:

Yep, no problem. I'm actually working at the Stuttgart opera in early 2017, so not far to go! Let me know.

Hello,

If you are looking for very comfortable and durable pads for this handlebar or similar, have a look at this page
https://baron-noir.jimdo.com/...ussinets-schaumpads/

It's self made creation and manufactory...

High quality guarenred

http://www.baron-noir.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cartsman wrote:
Yup. Think it comes from "quid pro quo" i.e. the idea that you can exchange it for something.

Or this ""Chuid" is Gealic for portion or share. It entered English vernacular in the 1800's with Irish serving in the British military. The Irish referred to their pay as their "chuid" and was Anglicized to "quid" that we still use today. One Pound Sterling equals one Quid (English) or Chuid (Gealic)." http://www.funtrivia.com/...t/Question71289.html

Trust me I’m a doctor!
Well, I have a PhD :-)
Quote Reply