Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: power2max releases next generation ("NG") power meter! [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
anthonypat wrote:
always have an extra battery in your T Bag. I never had one fail after traveling. Pretty new battery, 2 plane transfers and all the jostling must have kept the pm 'up' and drained the battery.

Ah yes, the new problem created when power meter companies moved to the use of accelerometers instead of magnets to turn them on and measure cadence. This then created the quick battery rundown when you travel phenomenon which never happened with the old magnetic technology. I really don't miss the hassle of magnet mounting...falling off..... but sometimes it feels like two steps forward and one step back.

Hugh

Worse still I would say is the impact the use of accelerometers has had upon data quality. Either such powermeters are prone to frequent artifactual power spikes (Stages), or they underestimate maximum power because of excessive filtering/damping (Rotor, P2M)
Quote Reply
Re: power2max releases next generation ("NG") power meter! [Tri Nut] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Nut wrote:
MTM wrote:
Still no possibility to calibrate it youself it seems, so in that particular way it's not making much inroads into SRM and Quarq's market for power users (no pun intended!).

Just curious, why calibrating a PM yourself is beneficial? You're not the first one to say this so I'm curious to know.

Because few, if any, companies can be trusted to do it right every. single. time.
Quote Reply
Re: power2max releases next generation ("NG") power meter! [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PubliusValerius wrote:
Splash page: http://ngpowermeter.power2max.com/en/
GCN Review: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4mD_C73HgU

Features:
- Power meter readings are transmitted wirelessly with ANT+ standard or Bluetooth (can update firmware over Bluetooth)
- Integrated rechargeable battery...battery service life listed at ~ 150 hours
- power2max NG power meter achieves +/- 1 % accurate power readings
- power2max NG is designed with the temperature compensation plus -- modified and even improved
- NG power meter spider provides left-right balance, torque and pedal smoothness

Hello,

I got my NG unit.
How can I check fimware version and update fimware?
How and where can I see torque and pedal smoothness? I have EDGE 520 unit.
Somewhere was some words about smartphone app, does someone know something is about it?

Regards
Last edited by: nenadjev: Mar 19, 17 15:22
Quote Reply
Re: power2max releases next generation ("NG") power meter! [nenadjev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks sweeet!
Quote Reply
Re: power2max releases next generation ("NG") power meter! [nenadjev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had mine for a couple of weeks too but just installed it yesterday. I can't see any other metrics besides left right balance. Also left right balance is off but that's expected...
I did a couple of rides with my powertap p1 pedals and power matches up nicely. Power2max numbers were 3-4W higher that p1 over longer intervals around 230W. At any other time they were within a couple of watts difference. I'm running q rings so it may just be the difference between how p2m adjusts for oval rings vs p1
Quote Reply
Re: power2max releases next generation ("NG") power meter! [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anybody been having connection issues with power2max Ng and Garmin head units? Some rides the powermeter works.. others it doesn't..
Quote Reply

Prev Next