Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wattieink Trishorts/Suit
Quote | Reply
Anyone try these who could comment on the chamois? I am looking for something with a little more padding for IM distance. Using bodypaint now and taint starts really hurting about 3 hours into the ride. Tried the new Desoto's and it's better but still looking for more padding.
Quote Reply
Re: Wattieink Trishorts/Suit [Joelbob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was on the Castelli Free suit for 2 seasons before switching to Wattie suit this year. The Wattie chamois is WORLDS better.
The Castelli was just a thin, flat layer while the Wattie chamois is thicker, textured, and contours much better for long rides.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yea, but Wattie Ink looks like Ed Hardy vomited all over your kit. It looks so douchey. Would be much better served in a Vegas club circa 2007. Just did an IM in a Pearl kit, and the chamois was the goldilocks of chamois'. Did not know it was there the whole time.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
Quote Reply
Re: Wattieink Trishorts/Suit [Dispholidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dispholidus wrote:
Yea, but Wattie Ink looks like Ed Hardy vomited all over your kit. It looks so douchey. Would be much better served in a Vegas club circa 2007. Just did an IM in a Pearl kit, and the chamois was the goldilocks of chamois'. Did not know it was there the whole time.

Just watched a video on the chamois. Is this the one you have?

http://www.pearlizumi.com/...0Short/p/131114024XW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered the all black tri suit as well as the new Roka suit to compare and I am going to stick with the Wattie gear primarily because the Chamois is much better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Joelbob wrote:
Dispholidus wrote:

Just watched a video on the chamois. Is this the one you have?

http://www.pearlizumi.com/...0Short/p/131114024XW

Yep, that's it. I was a big fan in the race. The only reason I ever thought about the chamois was to wonder why it hadn't started hurting yet. Worked fine in the marathon too, again, I didn't even know it was there.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wore the Wattie tri-shorts for Ironman Vineman; very comfortable and had no issues the entire race.
Quote Reply
Re: Wattieink Trishorts/Suit [evanmw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Evan,

Can you pls be specific about what you'd like to see differently in our tri chamois? Too thin? Shape? Any details would be helpful for product development if you don't mind. We didn't design a custom chamois for this round and instead used a premium one that has been in the market successfully for some time, so would love feedback.

Thx.
Rob

---
rob canales
ceo + co-founder at ROKA
http://www.roka.com
Quote Reply
Re: Wattieink Trishorts/Suit [rokasports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure thing Rob, happy to help. I did notice the Chamois in your suit looked/felt familiar to the one in my current tri shorts.

The Wattie Ink Chamois is nicely contoured and stretchy with the way they did the stitching as well as plush without feeling bulky.

I did like certain aspects of both suits and i certainly liked the fully separating zipper on the Roka. One other nice thing about the Wattie suit is that it has a little more room for storage that can come in handy on longer races.

Hope that helps! It was a close call though I do like my other Roka gear a lot.
Last edited by: evanmw: Aug 29, 16 18:57
Quote Reply
Re: Wattieink Trishorts/Suit [evanmw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, thanks for the detailed feedback.

---
rob canales
ceo + co-founder at ROKA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rokasports wrote:

Hey Rob-

What're the chances you guys could do something in just plain black, like your skins, or something that looks really clean w/out random splashes of color. Something like a young Mike Tyson would wear back when he had a chip on his shoulder. I'm aware there's no creativity in that, and I can only imagine what it would look at the end of an IM, covered in salt, but sometimes simple is good. Thx

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rokasports wrote:

Can you please make bibs with a tri chamois? Something less than 5mm thick. That would be very nice!
Quote Reply
Re: Wattieink Trishorts/Suit [Dispholidus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we have a round of all black suits queued up. may not happen before end of year. we'll see.

the tri separates (tops/bottoms) are in production now and will have color pop

thx
r

---
rob canales
ceo + co-founder at ROKA
Quote Reply
Re: Wattieink Trishorts/Suit [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah we can do that, no prob. lemme look into timing.

any other requests, pls hit me at rob@rokasports.com, as i don't always get into every forum thread as quickly as i'd like but would love questions/concerns/suggestions asap

thx
r

---
rob canales
ceo + co-founder at ROKA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rokasports wrote:
yeah we can do that, no prob. lemme look into timing.

any other requests, pls hit me at rob@rokasports.com, as i don't always get into every forum thread as quickly as i'd like but would love questions/concerns/suggestions asap

thx
r

Holy shit... was it really that easy!?!?! lol
Quote Reply