Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

bad reaction to supplement
Quote | Reply
I'm wondering if anyone who has taken an herbal or other supplement has had adverse effects.

Mine was turmeric -- i don't take painkillers and thought a natural anti-inflammatory might be a good thing. Took one capsule (about 100mg) for three days, and subsequently felt poisoned for a week. Nausea, random sharp pains through gut, loss of appetite. Gallbladder is still unhappy two weeks later. So much for nature's healing.

Ginseng makes me jumpy so am possibly just hypersensitive -- anything else to watch out for?
Quote Reply
Re: bad reaction to supplement [kiki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you take it on an empty stomach?
Quote Reply
Re: bad reaction to supplement [Nolegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
with breakfast -- heavy on the peanut butter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A reaction is possible with anything new. I take 1 Doctor's Choice 1000mg pill with BioPerine--very important for absorption increase, after I have consumed some of my meal.
Quote Reply
Re: bad reaction to supplement [OlderTryGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Took some suppliments a few years back from a friend. Basically like a multi vitamin mineral deal. It was after a hot day of riding dirtbikes at my local track. About an hour later while I was washing my bikes I started to get this crazy sensation all over my back. The only way to discribe it is basically the fealing of acid or some other highly irritating substance seeping out of my pores. Especially my lower back. It was horrible I was a bit scared and it lasted of a few hrs before subsiding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lead contamination in turmeric is now a known problem. Turmeric powder is typically sold by weight, so that boosts profit by quite a lot. If there's no regulation of the supplement (and there rarely is), I might look into that.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is tough. But it's tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne
Quote Reply