Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: A Movement I Can Get In Front Of - Go Topless Day... [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Yes I do. I make points that are my own all the time. Maybe if you read what I wrote instead of assuming that I was supporting someone elses point that would be a start.

It's amazing to me that, despite years of you feeling the constant need to prattle on and on and on, you never figured out that if you enter into an ongoing discussion in a forum, and quote a portion of that ongoing discussion, people are likely to think your intention is to comment on that ongoing discussion.

Most people would take a second to remark that "Hey, not really to the point you're making but my opinion is that,...." Not sure why you consistently fail to do that. You're clearly not concerned with limiting your word count.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: A Movement I Can Get In Front Of - Go Topless Day... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most people would take a second to remark that "Hey, not really to the point you're making but my opinion is that,...." Not sure why you consistently fail to do that. You're clearly not concerned with limiting your word count.

Because it's redundant. If you can't understand my point by what I write and realize that the point I'm making agrees, disagrees or has nothing to do with the other persons point then I'm clearly not making my point very well.

What I wrote seemed pretty clear to me, how you would mistake that for me agreeing with another point is beyond me.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: A Movement I Can Get In Front Of - Go Topless Day... [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neither one of you can post in this thread again until you post evidence that you understand what topless day is all about.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: A Movement I Can Get In Front Of - Go Topless Day... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Neither one of you can post in this thread again until you post evidence that you understand what topless day is all about.

It's about preventing society from sliding into total chaos of people shitting on the streets.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:

Because it's redundant. If you can't understand my point by what I write and realize that the point I'm making agrees, disagrees or has nothing to do with the other persons point then I'm clearly not making my point very well.

What I wrote seemed pretty clear to me, how you would mistake that for me agreeing with another point is beyond me.

~Matt

It's not redundant Matt. It common courtesy. If you and someone else were standing in front of me discussing something, and I stepped in to make a statement vaguely related to the conversation you were having, the natural assumption would be that I did, in fact, intend to participate in that discussion in a way that pertained to the points you were discussing. If I jump in and decide to simply express an opinion generally unrelated to the points either person is making, I think you'd consider it rude or at least odd.

Whatever. You do this all the time. I don't expect you'll change. You have a lot you feel you need to say in the LR, and you've always indicated that you think others should conform to your specific preferred style of online conversation despite basically everyone using a different format. I suspect we will have this same conversation again in the future when you decide to jump into a conversation, quote part of that conversation, and then claim to be discussing something different.

Until then,...

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: A Movement I Can Get In Front Of - Go Topless Day... [50+] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"It's bean legal in Ontario Canada for years, haven't seen a topless woman in public yet. "

Only twice but both times were when he had our boat and saw topless women sailors in the Thousand Islands near Kingston. Must be a sailboat thing as we never saw the same on motor boats. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:

It's about preventing society from sliding into total chaos of people shitting on the streets.

~Matt

DAMN!!! Not another slippery sloper.
Quote Reply
Re: A Movement I Can Get In Front Of - Go Topless Day... [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Did I get it right??????

Slowguy

Quote Reply
Re: A Movement I Can Get In Front Of - Go Topless Day... [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I jump in and decide to simply express an opinion generally unrelated to the points either person is making, I think you'd consider it rude or at least odd.

You might have a point if what I said was unrelated to the points being made. They weren't. Because a point being made does not agree with or heads in a different direction does not make them unrelated. It's not like you were talking about taking a crap in the street and I jumped in and said "Hey did you know the sky is blue".

I suspect we will have this same conversation again in the future when you decide to jump into a conversation, quote part of that conversation, and then claim to be discussing something different.

Yes, probably, as long as you continue to not read and comprehend what I write. It's generally common courtesy to read and try to comprehend what people are saying and writing...some here don't follow that rule.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: A Movement I Can Get In Front Of - Go Topless Day... [LorenzoP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DAMN!!! Not another slippery sloper.

There's no denying that in a crowded city if there is a slope and everyone decides to shit on the sidewalk you will have a slippery slope.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
j p o wrote:

Did I get it right??????

It is better than poop I suppose.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
slowguy wrote:
j p o wrote:

Did I get it right??????

It is better than poop I suppose.

No, not really.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
H- wrote:
You missed the point of my dog poop posts, threadsucker.

I really didn't, poopwatcher.
Ah, the Lavender Room. If only the Algonquin Reading Room had ever reached such heights.

Brian

Gonna buy a fast car, put on my lead boots, take a long, long drive
I may end up spending all my money, but I'll still be alive
Quote Reply

Prev Next