Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Beer is for Drinking not Cooking! [otto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't show up to the events riding a penny farthing bicycle with a messenger bag and no shoes on, you're not getting in.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been noticing a slowing of the IPA trend in our area, and a switch to sours

I have as well but also fully expect sours to turn into a sprint to see who can package vinegar and call it beer first :-)

Lots of variations on the saisons, goses, wits, and brettanomyces aged beers. So, there's hope.

I hope so. For the most part the local brewers carry a decent variety. Even places that only have 4-5 things on tap tend to have 3-4 different styles of beer. It's typically stores that seems to show a massive bias.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Beer is for Drinking not Cooking! [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:

I have as well but also fully expect sours to turn into a sprint to see who can package vinegar and call it beer first :-)

Already done. Check out Storm Brewing's Imperial Red Flanders.

"The runner-up John Dunbar, a US Navy Seal, led after the second transition and had a chance to win but ran out of water on the marathon course; his support crew resorted to giving him beer instead." -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ironman_Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Beer is for Drinking not Cooking! [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ciders are starting to go crazy in Ontario. Good news for the wife. She likes Cider.

Ciders started taking off coinciding with the gluten intolerance increase. People quite drinking beer and started drinking cider.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drank my Amsterdam Big Wheel Amber last night. Meh.

Brock Street's amber is better. Amsterdam's had an aftertaste I wasn't keen on. I can see other people enjoying it though.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Already done. Check out Storm Brewing's Imperial Red Flanders.

I used to go to a bar that had a ton of different beers. They had everything they had on a shelf so I started drinking from one end to the other. One visit I got there and a beer called Woodpecker vinegar or something like that was next. The Bar tender asked me if I was sure and said once he opened it I paid for it no matter what. I said yes as it was the next in line....it was vinegar in a bottle. This was probably 25 years ago.

I have no problem with people making this stuff, I have a problem with the whole "Wow this is the best thing on the planet". No most people don't really like beer that taste like chewing on a hop bloom. Some do, but this is a very small fraction of the people that actually claim they do. Same is true for any "Radically" flavored anything.

~Matt

Quote Reply

Prev Next