Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [LaFong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, and today lost 1:33 to Flora and 0:59 to Holly on the bike legs today...but crushed on the run.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [Uncle Phil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd love to see Flora do a 70.3 or full. Just seems she has the perfect build and strength for those type of races (not that she isn't already great at short course racing)
Last edited by: USCoregonian: Oct 30, 16 17:19
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:

at least she runs real good

Looks like she got a bike shop fit at the Bahamas Spexialixed dealer.

That kit is sweet though... XXST custom

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, glad I kept scrolling instead of replying

James Haycraft wrote:
Quote:
Great example of ST critiquing without all the facts... Holly's SRM mount broke last minute and so she mounted her Garmin on the bars as she wanted power... she knew it wasn't aero but felt she needed the power information right in front of her to keep her honest.

sigh.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mag900 wrote:
he's a diesel engine rider and not someone who is trained to sprint to drop people. so now you are just guessing what dye maybe thought to himself in a race you weren't at and haven't watched on tv??? that sounds like a very persuasive argument. go watch the race and come back to us about how easy of a time AB had just sitting in on dye's wheel.

Haven't seen the video of the race so have to ask what you mean by "sitting on Dye's wheel"??? Do you mean literally as in 0.25-0.5 m away, or do you mean in the legal drafting sense of 10 m back??? Since it was in theory a non-drafting race, I would guess the second meaning but you keep saying it so literally that I thought I'd ask.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
here's the video:

https://www.facebook.com/.../?type=2&theater

he wasn't 0.5m but he was getting towed along.

fwiw, the video production is great for this race. wtc could learn a thing or 2 from them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
James Haycraft wrote:

Big question is will Dev give her a pass next week if she doesn't run a sub 2:32 at NYC marathon?

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [Broken Leg Guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Broken Leg Guy wrote:
James Haycraft wrote:

Big question is will Dev give her a pass next week if she doesn't run a sub 2:32 at NYC marathon?

I'll take sub-2:32 on the over/under. She apparently did a 16 mile training run in the middle of the Island House race last weekend, so clearly she cares about her time on Sunday. That said, she raced pretty hard over the last few days, which is not ideal preparation for a marathon a week later.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [messien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
messien wrote:
I simply think it's a bit ridiculous to say it was 'clear he was stronger on the bike' when he wasn't able to drop him over 40km.

I watched the video and I have to agree with the above statement. It did look at times AB got a little close but it seemed like neither rider would have been able to drop each other. I think AB knew if he just held on to Cam the race was his with his running chops. But AB = CD on the bike that day.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
Broken Leg Guy wrote:
James Haycraft wrote:

I'll take sub-2:32 on the over/under. She apparently did a 16 mile training run in the middle of the Island House race last weekend, so clearly she cares about her time on Sunday. That said, she raced pretty hard over the last few days, which is not ideal preparation for a marathon a week later.

Wait? She did a 16 mile training run in the middle of 20K of "flat out run racing" at Island House? So basically she did 28 miles of running on the weekend including 12 miles at faster than marathon goal pace? Sounds like she WANTS to go closer to 2:30, but to answer your question after this weekend's racing if she went 2:39.59 or 2:40.01, I would not have been calling out the parade factor :-). The racing this weekend was awesome. Go Gwen!
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
She apparently did a 16 mile training run in the middle of the Island House race last weekend, so clearly she cares about her time on Sunday.

No way! Can't believe her coach would have her do that.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Oct 31, 16 7:05
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mark Lemmon wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
She apparently did a 16 mile training run in the middle of the Island House race last weekend, so clearly she cares about her time on Sunday.

No way. Can't believe her coach would let her do that.

Maybe Jordan can chime in as I thought I heard her say something about Gwen doing this training run (maybe on Sat pm?) over the weekend when she was recording the Periscope footage of the race Sunday morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ha! There was no time to do a 16 mile run during race weekend... I think I did report that 16 miles has been Gwen's longest training run in the lead up to this marathon next weekend but I've no idea when she did that.

Kay Serrar wrote:
Mark Lemmon wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

Maybe Jordan can chime in as I thought I heard her say something about Gwen doing this training run (maybe on Sat pm?) over the weekend when she was recording the Periscope footage of the race Sunday morning.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [jordanac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jordanac wrote:
Ha! There was no time to do a 16 mile run during race weekend... I think I did report that 16 miles has been Gwen's longest training run in the lead up to this marathon next weekend but I've no idea when she did that.

Kay Serrar wrote:
Mark Lemmon wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:

haha - well that is very different! :) I was certainly surprised when I thought I'd heard she'd done that, but obviously not. Did she talk much about her marathon goals?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We chatted and I don't think she has any expectations... she's smart enough to know that it's her first marathon and she's heading into the proverbial "no man's land".
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [jordanac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think she has any expectations.//

Thats ok because we all have plenty of expectations for her, she really doesn't need to worry about that. (-;
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need to watch more of that Beijing video - very well done! How does Joe Maloy get ahead of swim/ bike monster Amberger? Even if Josh has let his swim go a bit from his ITU days, that is still very impressive for Joe.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MI_Mumps wrote:
I need to watch more of that Beijing video - very well done! How does Joe Maloy get ahead of swim/ bike monster Amberger? Even if Josh has let his swim go a bit from his ITU days, that is still very impressive for Joe.

IIRC, Amberger was first OOTW and then Maloy passed him during the 680 m T1 run. Apparently, 680 m is roughly the distance of the Alcatraz T1 and, as a qualifier for Alcatraz, this race is trying to mimic it.

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very impressive for Joe that he held him off on the TT bike for so long.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flotrack just posted that the workout Wednesday video for tomorrow will be with Gwen. Looking forward to watching that one.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [mungub50] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would think her workout for tomorrow and all week is a very long massage followed by and easy bike or swim. Maybe 10 to 15 miles total of easy running for the rest of the week too. I think she got plenty offer race speed work done over the weekend.. (-;
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha yeah I think it was probably filmed a few weeks back but just now being played. It's got to be legs up time for her after this last week.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably not-ST-approved fit?

http://www.jakubglinz.com CZ, Europe
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We chatted and I don't think she has any expectations... she's smart enough to know that it's her first marathon and she's heading into the proverbial "no man's land".

That's it.

Not sure why everyone get's all worked up about this sort of thing and places (their own) expectations on athletes like this.

Not to get too personal, but Gwen stated in the Babbitt interview that, she and her husband would like to start a family. So what happens for her in the next two years is kind of up in the air!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Island House Triathlon - If you haven't looked at the start list yet, the race is liable to be interesting. [hajpr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Video of the race is up! Was a good watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5p-lAlcL5vc&feature=youtu.be

OlympicHopeful.com - Interviews with aspiring Olympians | Strava
Supported by: Skechers|Zwift|Squirt Lube|TYR|Rubber Ducky Sunscreen|Riplaces|MultiSport Canada|Joshus Bikes
“More often than not bad luck meant bad plans” -Joe Abercrombie
Last edited by: Joshawa: Feb 1, 17 10:46
Quote Reply

Prev Next