Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

735xt battery issue
Quote | Reply
I recently bought a Garmin 735xt. The battery is draining at an alarming rate when in standby mode. For example, it drained 22% in the last 12hrs. Both the HR and the activity tracker are off. Is there anything to try before just sending it back? It does seem like the battery drains a normal amount while in GPS mode.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: 735xt battery issue [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine lasts for a week or a couple of weeks if operating outside of GPS mode, even with activity tracking on.

Did you check your backlight settings?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you tried a factory reset? I get 2 weeks out of mine between charges, using only the wrist heart rate and uploading via Bluetooth a few times a day.
Quote Reply
Re: 735xt battery issue [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
This. There was another 735XT battery thread, and the resolution was backlight. Backlight can be a battery-sucking monster.
Quote Reply
Re: 735xt battery issue [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
This. There was another 735XT battery thread, and the resolution was backlight. Backlight can be a battery-sucking monster.

Thanks for the replies, I really appreciate the suggestions. I turned the backlight off and will re-try the experiment. If that doesn't work then I'll try for a factory reset.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I heard some people are seeing battery drain since they added Strava live segments. Your watch might be downloading a bunch of segments in the background if you have a lot of starred Strava segments in your account. If so it should settle down once they are downloaded.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have it paired with your phone? I've noticed very variable battery usage with my 920xt if my phone is on the edge of Bluetooth reception (e.g., my phone is in the living room and I'm in our bedroom).

I tend to not notice this when actually using it for activities with GPS because either 1) my phone is close (within a few feet) or 2 really far away (miles) and it doesn't try to stay connected.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Digging this thread back up because, unfortunately, turning off the backlight has not helped my battery issue. So I now have every imaginable thing that drains the battery turned off and it is draining about 1%/hr in standby mode. I did a 'reset' holding the power button 15sec, which is what I found online. Is there a bigger form of reset that wipes everything away fresh I should try?

Thank you!

Eric

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply