Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

what shall i wear?
Quote | Reply
Guys,

Again I find myself in need of the communities’ collective knowledge.

Heading to the Big Island (soon freak-in excited and scared) shortly and trying to decide what to wear...

Couple of prerequisites...

• don't own a swim skin... not that keen to buy one (not fast in water be lucky for 60 min swim), so will do the swim in just my tri shorts
• never raced in a suit - prefer shorts and top
• I would like a aerodynamically 'fast' top
• love DeSoto low cut Forza shorts (they are black though to not optimal…)
• running top needs somewhere for me to stash salt tabs on the run
• I'm scared of the sun so the more skin cover the better
• Im male
• 6ft 2ish 75kg (165lbs)

A couple of clothing items are standing out at the moment;

Castelli T1:Stealth Top or Castelli Free Tri Top (with arm coolers on the bike only)

DeSoto Riveria tri short (with white leg band) – although I’m in the UK and shipping / exchange rate doesn’t make this perfect…

Kiwami site seems to be down at the moment but they had a fairly decent top / shorts options

Im also toying with the idea of wearing a Chaskee desert cap (these have a neck gaiter) to keep the sun off on the run.

Any thoughts? If you’ve recently completed a hot race would be really grateful to hear of equipment that worked for you.

Whilst here I'd just like to say another thanks. I sit here gleaning through post after post of your collective wisdom gained from hours and hours of racing and meticulous development and passion for the sport. I sincerely attribute what success I’ve found in the sport largely down to what I have learnt from you and this community.

THANKS
Quote Reply
Re: what shall i wear? [JimbobTheGreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't sell yourself short. No shame in that swim time. I'll be behind you. Best of luck in Kona. See you there!
Quote Reply
Re: what shall i wear? [JimbobTheGreat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The T1 top is a good option (roll up the sleeves so that you put it on like a vest in T1 then roll them down). You will still need sunblock under it, but it does add to your protection.

I'm a big fan of the De Soto low cuts. I wouldn't worry too much about them being black (the top is a much bigger issue). Do be careful that the top doesn't ride up and leave you with a "tramp stamp" sunburn (esp. w/low cut shorts). See below.

Not the same person, but illustrative of the result:

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply