Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Removing stickers from a Ballista - Help
Quote | Reply
I've removed plenty of stickers in my life using heat and goo gone. I'm afraid to use this method on my new Ballista. However scraping with my fingernails did virtually nothing. The Ballista has very thin stickers and some super adhesive. Anyone successfully remove the stickers from it or perhaps another helmet and not mar the helmets finish? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Removing stickers from a Ballista - Help [Meek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have tried on a few helmets too (tardiz and wingspan).

The tardiz has some traditional stickers (i.e. they peel off) but the others and the ones on the wingspan are there to stay. They almost seem to be moulded / permantly bonded into the shell ... ?

WD :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Use non stick cooking spray. I was amazed how well it gets those stickers off my bike and helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: Removing stickers from a Ballista - Help [karlw2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They do almost seem moulded.

How do you use the cooking spray method?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Checked in with my graphics guru...they're under the clearcoat...probably why you aren't having any luck. Not designed to be removed like cheap stickers.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Removing stickers from a Ballista - Help [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Aha.
Carl- can you double check if it is the case with all of them. Mine is the regular white, not the Trek Fact Racing or Sega Fredo. I ask only because I just went and looked at it and ran my hands over it. If everything were under a clear coat it should feel similar. But the bare white part is rather slippery whereas the stickered portions feels tacky. Thank you for your help.
Last edited by: Meek: Aug 27, 16 19:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't specify in my question either, so I'm assuming the answer applies to all of them. Wouldn't surprise me if a clear coat over decals had a little texture compared to clear over paint.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just spray the stuff on the stickers. Wait a bit until the stickers soften up, then start peeling away or use a paper towel. Works like a charm.
Quote Reply
Re: Removing stickers from a Ballista - Help [karlw2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find my wife's hair dryer gets most stickers off but you have to be careful with how hot the item you're removing the stickers from can get. I then clean up any residue with "Dissolve it".
Quote Reply
Re: Removing stickers from a Ballista - Help [3DKiwi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Trek Factory version. I removed all the decals easily with my heatgun, and replaced with my teams decals. Love the helmet.
Quote Reply