Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Shrinking a skinsuit in the washer and dryer
Quote | Reply
Has anyone ever tried shrinking a skinsuit in the washer and dryer by using high temperatures?

I'm curious to know your results.
Quote Reply
Re: Shrinking a skinsuit in the washer and dryer [mlamz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i think only natural fibers shrink, like cotton and wool.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All you will do is damage the spandex fibers in the material (as they break the suit will get looser, a-la an old swimsuit). The nylon and polyester won't shrink.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Shrinking a skinsuit in the washer and dryer [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice, I won't attempt it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had skinsuits altered to make them fit tighter. Find a tailor or seamstress who has the equipment to work with lycra/spandex (may need to call a local dance or gymnastics studio to see who they use)
Quote Reply
Re: Shrinking a skinsuit in the washer and dryer [BrianB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Brian, good to know. Since it's team issue and there's only one race left this year (new kits next year), I might try something creative with safety pins instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mlamz wrote:
Thanks Brian, good to know. Since it's team issue and there's only one race left this year (new kits next year), I might try something creative with safety pins instead.

If just a one-time use, put it on inside out. With help of a willing assistant, pinch-hold the side seams tight(er) and apply a strip of good packing tape. You may need another strip or even two alongside the first strip. Very carefully take suit off... A strip of tape on outside seam may be required.
Much easier to just take in a bit on the seam along the sides if you have or have access to a sewing machine ...aka a mechanical thread injector. :)
Gotta go... Next UFC bout is up ... :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take it to a tailor or seamstress and have it tailored.
Quote Reply