Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona beer mile
Quote | Reply
I decided to forgoing the actual race this year to focus on the Underpants Run instead. I'm definitely interested in the double-header though - any word on the beer mile?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...me as well, seeking generous corporate sponsorship for the beer mile/underpants double.

http://www.fitspeek.com the Fraser Valley's fitness, wellness, and endurance sports podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
I decided to forgoing the actual race this year to focus on the Underpants Run instead. I'm definitely interested in the double-header though - any word on the beer mile?

I am sure it is happening. Saw word on FB that one of the main proponents had arranged his lodging. The main problem is that for the past two years, it has been hush-hush until the very last moment. This was to prevent any break-up of the event by the police. Beer-mile was probably the most fun event at Kona the past two years.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
TH3_FRB wrote:

I am sure it is happening. Saw word on FB that one of the main proponents had arranged his lodging. The main problem is that for the past two years, it has been hush-hush until the very last moment. This was to prevent any break-up of the event by the police. Beer-mile was probably the most fun event at Kona the past two years.

One of the main proponents - that must be AJ Baucco
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [Benv] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Benv wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
TH3_FRB wrote:

One of the main proponents - that must be AJ Baucco

Could be

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm going to go start a GoFundMe right now.
Ever since I was 12 years old, I have wanted to compete in the Kona Beer Mile.
After competing for the last 15 years, and sacrificing time, family, friends, and sleep, I am finally ready to drink 4 beer and run 1 mile in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
It's truly this man's ultimate dream, and I plan to share this experience with anyone interested.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:
After competing for the last 15 years, and sacrificing time, family, friends, and sleep, I am finally ready to drink 4 beer and run 1 mile in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.
It's truly this man's ultimate dream, and I plan to share this experience with anyone interested.

We really do need a "Like" button. Made me laugh.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jpay wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:

I thought you were going to ask when we start having to qualify for it. Would you have a time like to BQ? Or have rolldowns at other races?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Durhamskier wrote:
jpay wrote:
NordicSkier wrote:

I thought you were going to ask when we start having to qualify for it. Would you have a time like to BQ? Or have rolldowns at other races?

He was referencing the link in this: https://twitter.com/...s/768871712305709056
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think you're asking the wrong forum...
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [ffips] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running is one component of triathlon. Beer drinking, well...it should be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
secret aquathlon race we have in san diego... 3.5 mi run, 1k swim. at mile 3 there is a bar where you can drink a beer.... get 3 minutes off your total time. fun times, cheap race
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [synthetic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got a donut run here. ~2 miles to Krispy Kreme then as many donuts as you want to cut 30sec each off your time, then back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
Got a donut run here. ~2 miles to Krispy Kreme then as many donuts as you want to cut 30sec each off your time, then back.

Hum I could perhaps run 3 minute miles with this. Can you eat on the run?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [copperman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. Plus you need to get in line and order just like all the other customers so you need to decide if the time investment is worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well?
Other than this...http://triathlon.competitor.com/...ona-beer-mile_294918
Whats the inside gossip/scandal?
Did the winner have a go at any of the other competitors?
Did poor tactics or rules decide the result?
Did anyone ride there on a disc braked Cervelo?

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [DavidUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [kennykill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Controversial sport. Why cant it be more like triathlon....?
;)
#Bottlegate.

Dont complain about the results you did n't get from the training you did n't do.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [DavidUK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That shit was fun.

https://www.facebook.com/...os/1103168766425414/
Last edited by: TH3_FRB: Oct 13, 16 18:15
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [NordicSkier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NordicSkier wrote:

I'm doing my own Beer Mile before the year is out

Got my bib ready

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since this is closest thing we have to a Perpetual Beer Mile Thread, let me add these here

http://fortune.com/...ecord-holder-adidas/

Quote:
Corey Bellemore, the Canadian athlete who holds the world record in the Beer Mile race, celebrated his 22nd birthday on Thursday with a sweet new endorsement deal from Adidas.
Bellemore, who competes on the track and field team at the University of Windsor in Ontario, won the Beer Mile World Classic in July, setting a world record time of 4:34:35 in an event that requires participants to run a mile while stopping every 400 meters to drink a can of beer. With this new endorsement, he’ll have access to all of Adidas’ apparel and footwear, TMZ Sports reported.

Former world record holder, Lewis Kent, re-signed to a multi-year deal with Brooks

http://runningmagazine.ca/...gning-november-2016/

Cheers!

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Kona beer mile [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2018 Beer Mile? I just did a Strava Heat Map search and seems the closest actual track is 11miles out of town at a High School. So maybe an old airport loop like in 2016? Say lunch time Sunday? Good way to start an afternoon/evening of celebrations!!

https://www.strava.com/athletes/nbrowne1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you not worried that the underpants run may be called off due to the hurricane?
Quote Reply