Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: My Thomas Gerlach Inspired Short-Course Cycling Shoes [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are those Crocs! Awesome!!!
Quote Reply
Re: My Thomas Gerlach Inspired Short-Course Cycling Shoes [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh yes, search the article archives here for him. He is really amazing and bike and runs in crocs! Efraim Manzano.

EDIT: http://www.slowtwitch.com/Interview/Meet_Crocs_man_Efraim_Manzano_j3169.html

Enjoy! John
Last edited by: johnnybefit: Aug 27, 16 18:05
Quote Reply
Re: My Thomas Gerlach Inspired Short-Course Cycling Shoes [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Carbon-fiber crocs on a aluminum base. Velcro with locating pin. There is a mating hole drilled in the shoe bottom.

You can actually have two positions on the shoe if you want, eg. forward and mid, depending on how your calves are feeling that day. The locating pin can be moved easily as well. I was doing bricks that day :)

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Last edited by: SharkFM: Aug 27, 16 22:13
Quote Reply
Re: My Thomas Gerlach Inspired Short-Course Cycling Shoes [SharkFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SharkFM wrote:

Carbon-fiber crocs on a aluminum base. Velcro with locating pin. There is a mating hole drilled in the shoe bottom.

You can actually have two positions on the shoe if you want, eg. forward and mid, depending on how your calves are feeling that day. The locating pin can be moved easily as well. I was doing bricks that day :)

That is kinda unique, and cool. How are those if your pulling up? do they hold the shoe?
Quote Reply
Re: My Thomas Gerlach Inspired Short-Course Cycling Shoes [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This makes no sense. Clipless pedals keep your feet where they need to be, and allow you use the full range of muscles.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Re: My Thomas Gerlach Inspired Short-Course Cycling Shoes [georged] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
georged wrote:
This makes no sense. Clipless pedals keep your feet where they need to be, and allow you use the full range of muscles.

I wouldn't race in something that made me slower. In point form:

- I have greater range because the stack is zero
- lower stack means lower saddle height = more aero. More room behind the bars too. I call this cockpit space.
- very light, very aero with the underside cover
- organic connection allows for some mojo vs a locked-in feel (ie mistracking)
- operates very close to my Look and Crank bros pedals.
-run in and out of transition no probs.
-Once bed in (takes about 6-10 pedal strokes), pulling up is not an issue. You have to twist out just like the Looks - which I find is kinda crazy it works like that.

This is my very first set ever made, flawless performance, including top bike split (not AG - the whole field).

Training Tweets: https://twitter.com/Jagersport_com
FM Sports: http://fluidmotionsports.com
Last edited by: SharkFM: Aug 28, 16 9:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So I wanted to try your idea. I took some old Sidi tri shoes I had and cut off the heel tab, so that just the heel collar remains.

Took them out on a test ride yesterday and they work great. Much easier to get into/out of. My heel moves a little, but was able to do uphill sprints no problem.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: My Thomas Gerlach Inspired Short-Course Cycling Shoes [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm running LA84s with the tongues cut out and quick laces. They're really good for long, hot rides where I'm dumping a lot of ice on myself, because I can change to dry socks quickly and easily. I pull up in them, but it is really enough back and up when I'm making power and just an unweighting straight up. My feet don't move.

It is a really great idea and thanks Thomas.
Quote Reply
Re: My Thomas Gerlach Inspired Short-Course Cycling Shoes [jon.isom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jon.isom wrote:
I'm running LA84s with the tongues cut out and quick laces. They're really good for long, hot rides where I'm dumping a lot of ice on myself, because I can change to dry socks quickly and easily. I pull up in them, but it is really enough back and up when I'm making power and just an unweighting straight up. My feet don't move.

It is a really great idea and thanks Thomas.

Glad to be able to help - thanks for the kind words :)

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can anyone remark on the stiffness of these? I noticed they have a nylon soles. These would be used for heavy road training.
Quote Reply
Re: My Thomas Gerlach Inspired Short-Course Cycling Shoes [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair I use for road. They are not as stiff as my carbon sidis, but studies have shown that there is no power loss, even with much flexier shoes (there's a gcn video on this).

The LGs are lighter than my sidis due to the lack of buckles and boas, and more aero. The only downside is the higher stack height (2mm) due to the thicker nylon sole.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply

Prev Next