Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Now this is how open carry should look [Trieatalot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it is as simple as there is a law against showing dildos in public, but openly displaying a loaded firearm is acceptable.

Are they then fighting for their "Right" to openly carry dildo's? Is this even a thing, a concern of anyone's?

Some people find guns and the display of guns to be objectionable, but do not find sex toys to be offensive. I believe the protestors are trying to point out the absurdity of the two laws.

But the statement is "Cocks not Glocks" and they are running around with dildos. I get the absurdity of it, but I highly doubt anyone is angling for the right to walk around with a dildo openly displayed. So "Cocks not glocks" is not really the slogan they are looking for.

"Boobs not Berrettas" could have been used as some want the right to walk around topless, this makes sense. I don't see a big push for people walking around with their dildos and cocks hanging out.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Re: Now this is how open carry should look [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it is why is one objectionable display allowed while the other objectionable display is not. The dildo crowd may or may not want to carry around a sex toy for easy access when the mood strikes, but they are prevented from doing that by a law. As a marketing guy, I like the slogan "Cocks not Glocks". It might not be totally on message, but it is catchy and hey, look, we are here discussing it. The protesters are going for share of mind and using a gimmick to achieve their goal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:
I think it is as simple as there is a law against showing dildos in public, but openly displaying a loaded firearm is acceptable.

Are they then fighting for their "Right" to openly carry dildo's? Is this even a thing, a concern of anyone's?

Some people find guns and the display of guns to be objectionable, but do not find sex toys to be offensive. I believe the protestors are trying to point out the absurdity of the two laws.

But the statement is "Cocks not Glocks" and they are running around with dildos. I get the absurdity of it, but I highly doubt anyone is angling for the right to walk around with a dildo openly displayed. So "Cocks not glocks" is not really the slogan they are looking for.

"Boobs not Berrettas" could have been used as some want the right to walk around topless, this makes sense. I don't see a big push for people walking around with their dildos and cocks hanging out.

~Matt

I believe they are pointing out the absurdity of banning dildos basically because of victorian sensibilities, while allowing the open care of items that are the implement of choice in tens of thousands of deaths each year. Of course dildos aren't mentioned in the constitution as far as I know, but it does seem pretty ridiculous that carrying a dildo around is offensive enough to be banned by state law and yet, say the carnage shown in violent movies and TV shows is okay.

Wanting for something to not be banned is not the same as wanting to do that something. Many people disapprove for instance of burning the flag, but are against legally banning it. Same for say, neo Nazis. Or Burkini bans. I doubt many people want to wear one, but many who don't want to wear one would be against a law trying to ban them.

And, for the love of God, a dildo is a cock, so "Cocks, not Glocks" does make sense. I think it's no different than the open carry movement. Not every single person who supports the idea of open carry actually intends to do so. They support the right for others to do so if they choose. Same for dildos. I don't want to carry one around, but if somebody else wants to, why should I support making that illegal.

And BTW, you ARE overthinking this by a factor of about a million.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Now this is how open carry should look [Fatmouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fatmouse wrote:
I figured this would be about a different thing...

Tits

with frickin' lasers.

RayGovett
Hughson CA
Be Prepared-- Strike Swiftly -- Who Dares Wins- Without warning-"it will be hard. I can do it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I think that it boils down to two possibilities:

1) a cock is also a word for a male bird (usually used for a male chicken, a rooster). Therefore: they are saying no to veganism.

or the more likely scenario:

2) I would wager that most dildos are produced in China, China has a wall. Trump wants a wall along the Mexico/USA border. Therefore: Vote Trump.

Making America great again!

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next