Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Garmin 920 or Garmin 735? [tdprange] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I too loved my 735, past tense, but had to send it back twice and eventually got a 920 which seems more robust. Did anyone else have problems with the 735?

My first one just plain quit and the second one I had failed me badly during a 1/2 distance race. Just after the finish, I hit save and the screen went blank and the whole race was lost...
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 or Garmin 735? [milehighrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear your problems with the 735. I have had the 735 since it came out, and many races (sprints) later, I couldn't be happier.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 or Garmin 735? [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a 735. Have you had any durability issues with it? Seems kinda fragile vs my old 910xt.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 or Garmin 735? [Kroppduster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kroppduster wrote:
I bought a 735xt about a month ago. It's great so far. I was skeptical of the wrist based HRM so I bought the HRM Run strap with it, but have yet to use it. If the wrist based is slower, or less accurate, I can't tell. My only complaint is with the Garmin Connect software. The phone app is fine but the desktop client is pretty clunky. Why Connect and Express? It can't be one program? Polar Flow is better.

I had a HR issue in my last race, where the HR didn't show good data until 2 miles into my ride, but I'm willing to put up with slowness to stabilize if it's relatively accurate once it gets there.

Overall I'm very happy with it, but there have been a couple of issues. I've had 2 times where the device wouldn't connect to my phone and I had to restart the watch to get it to work again. This hasn't happened since an update about a month ago, so maybe it's fixed. I've also had a number of issues charging. The watch says it's charging, but after sitting there for a while the battery drains down to 1%. Again, it's taken a restart of the watch to get it to charge.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 or Garmin 735? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Tsunami wrote:
For some reason the data doesn't transfer readily, sometimes taking more than 30 minutes to do so...

Why Garmin won't add a transfer now feature to either the watch or to Garmin Connect.

Both the watch and GC have sync now buttons. On the watch, it is in the Controls widget. On GC, it is on the Devices screen.

Per the other comment, maybe it is the pairing or a BT issue on the phone. Mine will generally already be synced before I look at in GC. But if it hasn't, it will begin the sync when I open the app. However, I have seen BT quietly crash and restart on my iPhone frequently. It affects all BT devices. Sometimes it takes a phone reboot to give me a few more days of clean BT connectivity.

My 735xt syncs with my S7 pretty quickly if the phone is within BT range when I save the activity. If the phone isn't connected to the watch when I save it takes a lot longer to sync. If I use the manual sync in the app it syncs within about 30 seconds.

I found it interesting that it will sync with my phone about 50% of the time when I do open turns in the pool.
Last edited by: bufordt: Sep 14, 16 13:15
Quote Reply

Prev Next