Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Do you wash your helmet? [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NEVER washed mine.

NEVER thought of it.

BUT I do wear it during the swim, does that count?

Cuts down on the T1 time by quite a bit.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you wash your helmet? [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I never wash mine but I do spray it with Lysol disinfectant spray after every ride.

Also I wear a bandana style head covering under the helmet (soak up the sweat in summer, keep my head warm in winter) so the sweaty helmet pads never actually touch my (bald) skull.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you wash your helmet? [Chri G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chri G wrote:
I dread to think what skin infections this exposes you to after every ride.

Well, I've been riding for longer then I can remember, have a good skin, and have never had a skin infection, even after riding with small cuts on my forehead.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you wash your helmet? [HBB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HBB wrote:
I think that's a bunch of bunk... Maybe if you rode 8 hours a day in sunny warm weather your helmet polymers may start to degrade, but this is probably an extremely small percentage of the population. Mine is 6 years old and looks as good as the day I bought it.

Yup. Helmets last a lot longer than they want you to believe because they want you to buy another helmet.
I get new helmets when I crash and break one (once in 15 years of cycling), or want a new one... about every 4 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Do you wash your helmet? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
I never thought of it before, but I'm going to start right away

^^^ THIS!

And now that I am thinking about it, I'm really grossed out!

Joel | My Blog | Team Rev3 Tri | Twitter @TriMadness
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Ill wash the bike a's needed. Maybe once a month. While I got the old washing gear out, I'll grab the helmet. I also hit it with lysol after every ride. (Same with the aerobar pads on the bike, and cycling shoes.) Takes 2 seconds and helps with keeping things clean and smelling minty fresh.
In the old hockey days we'd hit the gear with lysol between gigs, aND leave airfresheners IN our gear bag. Hah. Every little bit helps!
Last edited by: 777: Aug 25, 16 10:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never. We must be dirty hippies?
Quote Reply

Prev Next