Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

cee gees impact on fit
Quote | Reply
I'm giving thought to getting some cee gee pads. however, i've heard they can add so much stack that a new fit would be in order. I'm hoping this is an exaggeration. would appreciate some feedback on cee gee users and how they did/didn't impact the overall fit of your bike. thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: cee gees impact on fit [aries33] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not an exaggeration. They are really thick pads.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: cee gees impact on fit [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used them 2 TT bikes a Cervelo P3 and a Shiv TT. Had no issues.
Quote Reply
Re: cee gees impact on fit [jellybelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It still changed your fit.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw a bike with A pair of cee gee pads this weekend, and they certainly are very thick. When I replace my current pads, I will still look primarily at cee gees though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm on my second set of them. Absolutely love them. I have a Felt B16 and the original pads that came with it were horrible. I asked the question about bike fit with my fitter (who I trust and is respected in the bike community). 5 years into it and I am perfectly happy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd say they increase your pad stack by 5mm
Quote Reply
Re: cee gees impact on fit [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd agree with that, about 5mm extra stack. They do compress quite a bit, but they are still really plush.

But.. you don't really need a new fit. C'mon!! Just reduce your pad stack by the same amount if you can, you don't need to be a professional bike fitter to do that!!
Quote Reply
Re: cee gees impact on fit [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just moved one spacer from under to over the stem when I got mine. The thickness did mean I was extra crooked after one of my pads fell off 30 miles into the IMMT bike. (The pad came off the backing)
Quote Reply
Re: cee gees impact on fit [Anachronism] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
one of my pads fell off 30 miles into the IMMT bike. (The pad came off the backing)

Mine did exactly the same thing at Ironman Florida 2014! I contacted CeeGees after the race and their support was super awesome, and sent me a new set at no charge. I had so many odd things happen to my bike racing Ironman that never happened in thousands of miles of training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how much do they compress when arms on them? I need a new set of pads for my aduro's, so either 3T replacements or ceegee. about same price.
Quote Reply
Re: cee gees impact on fit [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO they compress about the same as most other pads but, unlike other pads, if you hit a bump in the road there is room for additional compression.
Quote Reply
Re: cee gees impact on fit [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the stock 3t aduro pads don't seem to compress much until you look at them over time
Quote Reply
Re: cee gees impact on fit [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In that case I'd chess that the see gees compress 2.5-5mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a set of almost-new pads on my P3. I'll measure the added stack weighted and unweighted when I get home this afternoon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The overall pad stack height is one consideration, and the other consideration is the relationship of the pads to where your hands are on the aerobar extension and what that will do to your wrists and up the chain. If your extensions have your wrists cocked uncomfortably, increasing the stack height might aggravate that a bit.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: cee gees impact on fit [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Quote:
one of my pads fell off 30 miles into the IMMT bike. (The pad came off the backing)

Mine did exactly the same thing at Ironman Florida 2014! I contacted CeeGees after the race and their support was super awesome, and sent me a new set at no charge. I had so many odd things happen to my bike racing Ironman that never happened in thousands of miles of training.
Thanks. I'll contact their customer support. To be fair to them it was almost six hours of torrential rain and I kind of push forward on the pads as I ride.
Quote Reply