Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: ITU AG Worlds - 2016 Roll Call - Sprint/Olympic Cozumel [Steve-oH!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h20...my dad was looking to give it up but he might stay at it. He is 65 now though!

steve oh..he is at the bottom of his age group in 65-69 this year. At previous worlds he has been in top 20 or so. Has been top 3 in nationals. He only took up triathlon somewhat seriously in around 2012. He is a strong cyclist for his age. The guy he was riding with was in his age group. He is a good swimmer for his age also.
Quote Reply
Re: ITU AG Worlds - 2016 Roll Call - Sprint/Olympic Cozumel [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quick takeaway from today as I was standing at 1k mark of the bike.

It was clockwork today. Every AG athletes would filter out 1-3 together and that same age group wave would come back as large packs. 5 mins later next AG. Of course a lot of it had to do with the basic flat course. But I think this event went off great. I saw one ambulance ride, but other than that all the athletes seemed to be very aware of their surroundings.

It's fing oppressive hot, but of course it's the tropics. Good day today for the sport.

It was kinda cool to see. My athlete said she rode alone for 2 miles then made group of 7. They were chasing bigger group.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: ITU AG Worlds - 2016 Roll Call - Sprint/Olympic Cozumel [Brooks Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Brooks Doughtie wrote:
Quick takeaway from today as I was standing at 1k mark of the bike.

It was clockwork today. Every AG athletes would filter out 1-3 together and that same age group wave would come back as large packs. 5 mins later next AG. Of course a lot of it had to do with the basic flat course. But I think this event went off great. I saw one ambulance ride, but other than that all the athletes seemed to be very aware of their surroundings.

It's fing oppressive hot, but of course it's the tropics. Good day today for the sport.

It was kinda cool to see. My athlete said she rode alone for 2 miles then made group of 7. They were chasing bigger group.

And that is the fun of DL racing. Chasing the bigger group. The entire race you are chasing, pushing. Got to get out of the swim as fast as possible
to try and connect with as many bikes as possible. You work as a team on the bike hard to try and keep the slower swimmers out of it, and the faster runners
out of it. Then on the run it is person against person.

I wonder what the DL haters are saying without any negative stuff from the world DL races. :)

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: ITU AG Worlds - 2016 Roll Call - Sprint/Olympic Cozumel [Brooks Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Three of my teammates raced yesterday. Two of the three witnessed crashes in packs they were in. I look forward to talking to them in detail about their races. I see pros and cons to the format but it seems likely that we won't get many opportunities to race a USAT sanctioned draft legal event (other than the Team USA qualifier) in the near future. Shannon Kurek of HFP Racing did the sprint race yesterday so I'm especially interested in his perspective.
Last edited by: Mark Lemmon: Sep 16, 16 7:32
Quote Reply
Re: ITU AG Worlds - 2016 Roll Call - Sprint/Olympic Cozumel [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Only in your world are their lovers and haters of things like DL racing in triathlon. People that express an opinion on DL racing aren't haters.
Quote Reply

Prev Next