Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How was IMMT? [nj70.3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nj70.3 wrote:
....The chop and current at the turn on the swim was crazy. I was towards the back of the pack and saw a lot of people getting pulled out by kayaks. .....

Is it posted anywhere how many people DNF'd the swim? I had a lot of trouble in the chop after the first turn. The two people who were in the metal boat (I think) along that stretch spotted me doing the doggy paddle and gave me the thumbs up/down to see if I was OK, I convinced myself not to call them over but it was close, that was my worst open water swim experience ever!
Quote Reply
Re: How was IMMT? [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely one of my slowest OWS ever.

I'm not sure how accurate these stats are, but it looks like listed athletes was 2480, and 2439 finished the swim. So 41 people DNF'd the swim. But it doesn't show how many DNS.

http://www.coachcox.co.uk/2016/08/22/ironman-mont-tremblant-2016-results-kona-qualification-analysis/
Quote Reply
Re: How was IMMT? [125mph] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
125mph wrote:
I was thinking about registering for 2017. What exactly happen this year? Heard there was some rain? Was it warm or cold? Also heard no wetsuits??

I saw one race report but all he talked about was getting hit with a buoy.

- no wetsuits only for pros. Water was 73F.

- there was a LOT of rain.

- it was relatively warm in spite of the rain. Pretty steady at about 70-74 the whole day. Relatively warm in the morning and then relatively cool in the afternoon. Temp was remarkably stable the whole day.

This is a FANTASTIC race. I think it's THE best race in North America. You will not be disappointed.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We stayed at the Bondurant condos - literally ON the run course and 2 minute walk to Transition, 1 minute walk to the swim finish. It was a GORGEOUS condo.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Curious how the rain at IMMT compared to either Whistler last year or Lake Placid in 2014? I didn't think the rain was all that bad and we have to be thankful that thunder/lightening didn't shorten our day.

I also stayed the Holiday Inn which was amazing. Best location, very reasonable room rate, parking was only $15/day, free breakfast was jammed but very convenient. I booked one of the suites and it ended up being a two floor room with bedroom/bathroom upstairs and pullout couch and kitchen with balcony downstairs. No question I would stay there again.
Quote Reply
Re: How was IMMT? [uptown423] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Bondurant was a sweet location - my family cooked out and drank while I passed by on the run from our patio. It was a bit pricey and didn't have a pool but it's all about that location
Quote Reply
Re: How was IMMT? [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did both IMMT this year, and IMLP in 2014, and the rain was way worse in placid, at least from my perspective.

AP Racing Crew|Cupcake Cartel|Picky Bar AmBadassador
Quote Reply

Prev Next