Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMMT bike crash [Saundo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Saundo wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:
Is that the guy from Newfoundland?

Sorry for the delay in response. Yes it was.

Thx, my wife had seen a post about it on FB. Hope he's recovering well!
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT bike crash [Saundo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Overwhelmed. That is how I have felt for a long time in regards to the concern and the well wishes I have received from all over and especially the local Tri Community.
I was one of the two people involved in the accident and as Saundo had mentioned, I have no recollection of the accident or most of that day. A broken Clavicle, Sternum, 5 broken ribs, broken leg, 2 cracked vertebrae and a brain bleed.
The only information I had was my Garmin data. It appears I made the turn around and was heading up the hill when accident occurred.
Although there is a large fitness hole I will have to dig/work my way out of. I will be back to triathlon sometime this year.
Thanks again for all the good wishes.

Paul
I did attach 2 pics of my bike after the accident. I guess I will never race that wheel again...lol
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT bike crash [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope to do MTB this year. I will say I love the MTB race. However everytime I descend Dupleissis I hold on for dear life knowing if I lose control, or another rider loses control, very little can be done because of the speed. Training on the course is no problem. Add a wet surface and 2,000 other racers, alot of which are inexperienced riders, and that descent scares the shit out of me. Maybe a course change would be better for all.

Barry Dmitruk
2017: Florida 70.3 (done); Mont Tremblant 70.3 & Ironman

Quote Reply
Re: IMMT bike crash [pmoores] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I looked at the first photo and I though 'that's not as bad as I was expecting given the injuries'. Then I looked at the second photo and realized the wheel survived because the fork didn't.

Take your time coming back but its good to here you will be racing again.
Quote Reply
Re: IMMT bike crash [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha ha. Carbon wheel will not be used again!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next