Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Kurt Kinetic Smart Control [dcrainmaker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm admitting this will probably be an ignorant post.

Just because the US has MAP pricing doesn't mean the manufacturers have to use it. If the US retailers are upset with having to deal with European retailers that don't have to use MAP why don't the manufacturers just take the handcuffs off the US retailers and let them duke it out with what the market will stand?

On a different note...the manufacturers need to set up better repair distribution centers in general. It doesn't matter where it is sold from, the manufacturer made their money and they need to service it in a way that is easy for all their customers.

Please feel free to correct me if I have missed anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic Smart Control [MSUtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ugh, DCR just posted his initial overview, and the thing lacks standard Bluetooth and Ant+ interfaces. Instead, it has a proprietary interface that only talks to apps that have coded for it. It has the biggies, like TrainerRoad and Zwift. But there is no universe where I would buy a Smart Control trainer, because you are last on the list of the current apps and there is no long-term guarantee. CycleOps or LeMond, anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic Smart Control [MSUtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only thing that is appealing to me about this trainer is the option to direct wire it via USB. I really like having that option.
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic Smart Control [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Old thread, but has anyone bought one of the new KK Smart control trainers (not the older 'inride')?

Does it work well with trainer road?
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic Smart Control [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m bumping this...any input on this unit https://www.kurtkinetic.com/...t-control-power-unit , and retrofitting this to older road machine units?

Does it work as expected? Any interface issues? Trying to get an erg mode enabled trainer setup. I currently use a road machine dumb trainer...

I have an ant+ enabled PM, no speed cadence sensor...(use gps outside, don’t care inside)

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic Smart Control [Tigertater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm interested to know if any improvements have been made as well.

The main reason for lack of input may be due to compatibility with software.

Here's DC Rainmakers review from last year.

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...recommendations.html

Edit: Just checked Kinetic website which had the following:

Works with Kinetic Fit, Zwift and TrainerRoad on Bluetooth-connected smart phones, tablets and laptops.

Last edited by: TrierinKC: Dec 5, 17 11:42
Quote Reply
Re: Kurt Kinetic Smart Control [TrierinKC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea saw that info...so input wise it will use your PM data into TR/Zwift, and then output via Bluetooth to the trainer module and moderate resistance? I like it but price is steep for just a module...
Quote Reply

Prev Next