Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Show me your Xterra bike and setup
Quote | Reply
Looking at xterra racing next season and interested to see what people are riding, set up and weight

Show me your mtb bling
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Xterra bike and setup [sra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're gonna get 6,000 opinions of hard tail versus full susp versus 27.5 versus 29er versus aluminum versus carbon. BUT:
I have an older S-works Epic 29er
RockShox Sidi XX World Cup fork
A mix of XX1 and GX components, and a Rotor 3D SRM that I converted to 1x by taking off the outer ring. It looks goofy.
Wheels currently are mismatched, hand built but I honestly forget what rims. Having some ultra light ones built up before Utah at the moment though.
In a size XL, this all comes out to 21.5 lbs with cages, no flat kit or bottles. I wish it were lighter but oh well.

IG: idking90
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Xterra bike and setup [iank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool
Iv already got an anthem 29 2013 that I love. Looking at trimming a big from her but unsure were.

Just wanting to see some photos and compare weights

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah but of course!
I had broken the chain after this ride, so you can't see the weird chain line with the rigged 1x.
In exploring what I've got, seems like wheels are the best way to trim weight. That and don't be 6'5" so I don't have to ride an XL. A newer frame would probably be lighter, but so so so expensive to get something comparable new

IG: idking90
Last edited by: iank: Aug 14, 16 5:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have a Giant Anthem that I love. I built this up from a frameset -- a 2014 27.5/650b. Went with SID XX 100mm fork, DT Swiss carbon XC hoops and 240 hubs. Shimano XTR Di2 Drivetrain with Quarq XX1 (1x). Shimano XT brakes. Thomson setback post. Bontrager Montrose XXX saddle. Shimano PRO stem and bar (junction box and d-fly hidden in the stem, and e tubes are routed internally).

I don't know the weight and I don't want to. It's light. Weight weenie-ism is incredibly expensive and an even bigger driver of neurosis than aero weenie-ism, in my opinion

Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Xterra bike and setup [PubliusValerius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very nice đź‘Ť
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mostly stock Santa Cruz Highball 29er hard tail (added a longer stem and Ergon grips). Used a Gary Fisher Hi Fi Pro and Fisher Cobia in years gone by.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I didn't build mine specific for XTERRA but it woks very well for me.
Yes its a 26" but that's what I like to ride, since 1989, and in the technical and twisty stuff it excels!
Build up weight is 22 lbs with 4.5" of suspension.

Intense Carbine SL
SRAM XX and XO everything
Crank Bros bar, stem, pedals
RockShox SID WC w/ remote
King headset
Last edited by: gmurnock: Feb 21, 17 6:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[/img]

Open One+
XTR Di2 1X
11-40 with Rotor QX1 28T
Lauf Fork
Stans Valor
18.3lbs
Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Feb 21, 17 3:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a Trek Superfly FS, until some asshole stole it from my house three weeks ago.

Trek Superfly Elite (carbon frame, alloy chainstay), converted the drivetrain to SRAM XO1 but kept the old crank. Not a weight-weenie build (alloy seatpost, simple saddle, stock wheels) by any means but it still came to 11kg race-ready. Personally, I disliked the Fox suspension - wallowy with no support, and the "lockout" was pathetic even at my light weight, I'd do Rockshox if I had the bike again. Still, it was the ultimate marathon machine for me and put a huge grin on my face every time I rode it.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Last edited by: tessar: Feb 20, 17 23:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2016 Camber Carbon Pro.

27.5, with brain shock on the rear. Love it.
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Xterra bike and setup [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any others out there???
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Xterra bike and setup [gmurnock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
New to Xterra this season, but I guess the old Camber 29 will do it

Last edited by: swimslikeabike: Mar 2, 17 12:01
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Xterra bike and setup [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just picked up this 2013 Rockhopper from Craigslist a couple weeks back.

I haven't mountain biked in close to ten years now but I'm looking forward to trying out my first Xterra this year.

Also it's setup is tubeless right now and I have zero experience with tubeless. What should I have in a patch kit for it?
Quote Reply
Re: Show me your Xterra bike and setup [Blainedh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tubeless question - On the trail, take a tube. Otherwise there are all kind of things you can use for larger holes in tires. When I get home, I have used very small piece of duct tape on the inside with no issues, it has held for two years now.
Quote Reply