Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What's up with all the cheap ammo deals? [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I recommend Varmint bullet tips for defensive use. V-max is a good one. Sierra spitzers are good if you roll your own and want some for shtf.

You forgot to add the m855 also provides some additional momentum through brush. By here is an interesting note. M855 will not penetrate level three plates. But xm193 will. In fact when I bought level three plates they made sure to point that out. Will stop m855 and 7.62 russian and NATO.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with all the cheap ammo deals? [TheForge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm guessing the OG 7.62 Russian; 7.62x54 will penetrate the plates and the tree you're hiding behind.
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with all the cheap ammo deals? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The manufacturers ramped up production thinking the country was getting another Democratic president and the ammo-sexuals would be going nuts and hoarding rounds. Frankly with Heir Trump they might actually have something to fear. Buy all you can get boys, you may need it.
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with all the cheap ammo deals? [gregtryin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most of you guys probably saw this on PSA 9mm for 8.99 a box

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with all the cheap ammo deals? [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Black Friday weekend Remington 9mm was $11.99 with a $5 rebate per box
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with all the cheap ammo deals? [Dotte Original] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dotte Original wrote:
Black Friday weekend Remington 9mm was $11.99 with a $5 rebate per box

It was sold out when I tried to buy it.

#WeAreTheForge #BlackGunsMatter

"Look, will you guys at leats accept that you are a bunch of dumb asses and just trust me on this one? Please?" BarryP 7/30/2012
Quote Reply
Re: What's up with all the cheap ammo deals? [CruseVegas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to say I'm strongly considering getting rid of my 5.56 ARs and just running 9mm ARs thus trimming my current stockpile from 7.62x51, 5.56x45, and 9x19 to just 7.62x51 and 9x19. To be frank, I don't keep much 7.62x51 around and for any sort of practical self-defense situation 9x19 in a +P loading out of a 14.5" barrel would certainly get the job done.

Perhaps once I can get one of these gas-operated 9mm AR I'll "pull the trigger", lol.

Since I'm just speaking my mind out into the inter webs, what I'd really like is a direct-impingement AR upper chambered in 5.45x39 with a lower designed for an AR fire control group and AK-74 mags... and I'd like it if cheap 7N6 came back into the market. That would make me a happy camper. The taper of 5.45x39 would make for more reliable extraction in adverse conditions and the DI system would make for a more durable gun in the long run (AK receivers are prone to failure believe it or not... they crack at the trunions). Combined with forward-moving piston regulator (basically take LWRCI's piston but have it face toward the front of the barrel and give it its own spring) it would have very minimal recoil and be very reliable through a range of temperatures (the regulator would stay closed at low temperatures/pressures and would open progressively with higher temperatures/pressures).

Edit to add: the 7N6 round might be the best price/performance round in history.
Last edited by: GreenPlease: Dec 9, 16 19:16
Quote Reply

Prev Next