Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody using a Lezyne Floor Drive pump with a disc? Trying to avoid the crack pipe
Quote | Reply
So I just got a new disc and the crack pipe I have is terrible. Can barely pump up to 90 psi and requires 2 people. I'm looking at getting the Silco Hiro crack pipe that locks on so you can pump hands free, but it's $110. The Lezyne CNC Floor Drive is $99 and it looks like the chuck could be used on a disc w/o a crack pipe. Can anybody confirm?
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody using a Lezyne Floor Drive pump with a disc? Trying to avoid the crack pipe [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used a Lezyne with the speed chuck or whatever it's called several times. I can confirm you can pump up to recommended PSI by yourself.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody using a Lezyne Floor Drive pump with a disc? Trying to avoid the crack pipe [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lezyne speed chuck works for me too.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody using a Lezyne Floor Drive pump with a disc? Trying to avoid the crack pipe [triguy86] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've had good luck with this crack pipe. It threads onto the valve and is cheap. I can pump the tires all by myself and I'm not that strong. Plus, won't you want a working crack pipe in case you flat?

https://www.amazon.com/Topeak-Pressure-Presta-Valve-Adapter/dp/B00GKH49GI/ref=pd_sim_468_2?ie=UTF8&dpID=41sjZdFHmRL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR88%2C160_&psc=1&refRID=02CDB64TQ96N36BM49VP
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have one but also bought the silca lever locking adapter. It was the best 100 bucks I've spent in a long time. It goes on quick, locks on and stays on.

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody using a Lezyne Floor Drive pump with a disc? Trying to avoid the crack pipe [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yea but if I flat it will be in a race and I'll be using a CO2 cartridge anyway. Wouldn't need a crack pipe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a lezyne floor drive pump and HATED it. Never pumped properly, company said to get warranty seals from LBS, did that, still sucked. And, I did try using their plastic disc adapter that comes with it, it sucked too.
Do yourself a favour, buy a $30 - $50 floor pump (like a joe blow, etc) and buy the Silca hiro adapter to use with it. That is what I have now, and it is perfect. If you can afford an extra $150 - 200, buy the new Silca Superpista pump too, the hiro adapter will work perfect with it.
Last edited by: SBRcoffee: Jul 30, 16 16:38
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody using a Lezyne Floor Drive pump with a disc? Trying to avoid the crack pipe [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
I have used a Lezyne with the speed chuck or whatever it's called several times. I can confirm you can pump up to recommended PSI by yourself.

I just bought the Steel Travel Drive model a couple of weeks ago.....came with the speed chuck and I also ordered the dual valve head. The speed chuck will not stay on without holding it....pops off at about 85-90 lbs. I was told by their customer service that the dual valve head would take a regular crack pipe....and it will not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the Lezyne and the Speed Chuck. Mine worked fine as long as the gasket adjustment is tightened down on the valve stem. The pump is pretty nice too. I just prefer the specialized travel pump.

You don't have to get the Silca Hiro for hands free pumping. Their new version of the crack pipe clamps on tight and hands free. I think they are about $30.

For racing the Genuine Innovations microflate co2 adapters work fine with standard disc cutouts. You could use the new style crack pipe with any co2 adapter, but that seems more complicated than one adapter that fits the disc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have lezyne and silca floor pumps. on each i have the silca adapter. i just cut off the lezyne adapter and go silca. then you have the regular chuck, and the crack pipe, each with threads, use what you want.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody using a Lezyne Floor Drive pump with a disc? Trying to avoid the crack pipe [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gphin305 wrote:
came with the speed chuck and I also ordered the dual valve head. The speed chuck will not stay on without holding it....pops off at about 85-90 lbs.

You do know you have to push the sleeve away from the hose to get it to "lock", then screw the head down to make it tight, right? If you have not watched their video on how to use it, watch it. I have one and I think it is the best pump and head I've ever used. No leaking pumping up, and zero force to remove. (I.E. no more ripped tubes at the valve interface from pump heads that take too much pressure to remove.)

2015 USAT Long Course National Champion (M50-54)
Last edited by: Paul Dunn: Jul 30, 16 17:40
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody using a Lezyne Floor Drive pump with a disc? Trying to avoid the crack pipe [Paul Dunn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul Dunn wrote:
gphin305 wrote:
came with the speed chuck and I also ordered the dual valve head. The speed chuck will not stay on without holding it....pops off at about 85-90 lbs.

You do know you have to push the sleeve away from the hose to get it to "lock", then screw the head down to make it tight, right? If you have not watched their video on how to use it, watch it. I have one and I think it is the best pump and head I've ever used. No leaking pumping up, and zero force to remove. (I.E. no more ripped tubes at the valve interface from pump heads that take too much pressure to remove.)

Sounds like you are referring to the "abs2" or "abs flip" chuck....I'm referring to the "speed chuck" which does not screw on.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody using a Lezyne Floor Drive pump with a disc? Trying to avoid the crack pipe [gphin305] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, you are right. I have the ABS2 chuck as it turns out, not the speed chuck. I got the names confused.

Sorry about that. But I do love that chuck; works great.

2015 USAT Long Course National Champion (M50-54)
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody using a Lezyne Floor Drive pump with a disc? Trying to avoid the crack pipe [Paul Dunn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speed chuck works on my Renn Disc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the lezyne floor drive (steel model) which was about $60. The pump gauge is accurate (or at least consistent with dedicated tire pressure gauges) and the speed chuck works well for me as long as the chuck is properly seated on the valve (I usually pump to 110-115psi). For the money, I'm happy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The ABS2 chuck did not work for my disc, since the hole is too small for it (citec disc) but the speed chuck works fine, I can pump with one hand and keep the speed chuck on the valve with the other hand with relatively little force.

Problem with Lezyne: the number of systems they use. I had to buy a new hose because the speed chuck was not compatible with the hose that comes with the ABS2 chuck.
Last edited by: longtrousers: Mar 26, 17 3:44
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody using a Lezyne Floor Drive pump with a disc? Trying to avoid the crack pipe [longtrousers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
longtrousers wrote:
The ABS2 chuck did not work for my disc, since the whole is too small for it (citec disc) but the speed chuck works fine, I can pump with one hand and keep the speed chuck on the valve with the other hand with relatively little force.

Problem with Lezyne: the number of systems they use. I had to buy a new hose because the speed chuck was not compatible with the hose that comes with the ABS2 chuck.

Yep, I can't use the speed chuck either for the disc (Zipp 900 clincher)....but the chuck is compatible. You don't have to buy a new hose. They have a video on how to connect it....instructions could be better but it works.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody using a Lezyne Floor Drive pump with a disc? Trying to avoid the crack pipe [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
i have lezyne and silca floor pumps. on each i have the silca adapter. i just cut off the lezyne adapter and go silca. then you have the regular chuck, and the crack pipe, each with threads, use what you want.

Which Silca adapter?

Scott
Quote Reply