Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Sagan going to Bora for 2017?
Quote | Reply
Sagan going to Bora for 2017? I guess Specialized will come along to help pay his salary.
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan going to Bora for 2017? [jellybelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surprised he isn't going to a major team. He's a bargain at just about any price. So much fun to watch and such an amazing cyclist. Plus, seems like a cool guy I'd love to just hang out with. Finally, he seems to be an incredible teammate. I've often wondered if he'd be able to drop some weight, improve his climbing and challenge for the gc in a grand tour. Cant wait to see his mtb results in the olympics.
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan going to Bora for 2017? [sylvius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see him more of a one day/ classics rider. He won Tour of California by few seconds, And thats a one week stage race. But he is fun to watch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bora is stepping up to the Pro Tour next year, and there will be many more known names jointing Sagan. It's a buyer's market.

As cool as it is for him to race Olympic MTB, he'll get destroyed. It's a good story but the chances of him landing on the podium are remote. Nino Shurter is the Sagan of XC, and Absalon already has two Olympic gold medals.
Last edited by: Carl Spackler: Jul 29, 16 19:05
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan going to Bora for 2017? [Carl Spackler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read that other Tinkov riders are going to Bora. As you said there stepping up to the Protour level. He reminds me of Cancellara without palmares in the TT.
Last edited by: jellybelly: Jul 30, 16 10:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rumors are that Tony Martin, Rafal Majka, Leopold Konig (among others) are heading to the team, so I suspect it will be a 'major' team when all is said and done
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan going to Bora for 2017? [ollie3856] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
weird seeing tony martin in anything else other than quick step
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan going to Bora for 2017? [jellybelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Confirmation of the biggest open secret in the rider transfer musical chair...

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/bora-hansgrohe-announce-peter-sagan-signing
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan going to Bora for 2017? [crocked_knee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if this means contador and/or dengenkolb are off to trek
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sylvius wrote:
So much fun to watch and such an amazing cyclist. Plus, seems like a cool guy I'd love to just hang out with. Finally, he seems to be an incredible teammate. I've often wondered if he'd be able to drop some weight, improve his climbing and challenge for the gc in a grand tour.

The GC win in grand tour?

http://www.jt10000.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Sagan going to Bora for 2017? [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coates_hbk wrote:
I wonder if this means contador and/or dengenkolb are off to trek

Contador has already signed with Trek. Nothing official yet for Degenkolb....

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply