Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Old aluminum frame with top components. How much am I losing
Quote | Reply
This frame has nostalgia and luck. Its an old aluminum felt b2. If you're in the know you know the high pro parts on it. It takes two wrenches to do everything to it. Question for you bike nerds how much is the frame costing me over a "super" frame and how does it look?

Quote Reply
Re: Old aluminum frame with top components. How much am I losing [BlackMamba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All of my fastest time trials were on a circa 2000 aluminum Tiemeyer.
Bikes weighed 21.5 lb. with disc and aero front wheel.
I even rode this bike to 5th place in an NRC level tt that was uphill.

After that I thought a faster bike would make me faster. Went through a Teschner, Cervelo P3, Trek Speed Concept, Felt (whatever their carbon tt bike was), and Specialized Transition.

Good legs and good position trumps most.
Quote Reply
Re: Old aluminum frame with top components. How much am I losing [BlackMamba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that a 650 front, vs 700 rear? I thought they were equal wheel size.

Looks great, but I would go TR rear...just for looks to match.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably 45sec/40k max.

The biggest aero issue with that frame is the exposed shift cables along the downtube. Etap would clean that up.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Old aluminum frame with top components. How much am I losing [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
Probably 45sec/40k max.

The biggest aero issue with that frame is the exposed shift cables along the downtube. Etap would clean that up.

~40s/km is the difference between a p2 (old) vs p5 frame.
Last edited by: Nick B: Jul 29, 16 19:27
Quote Reply
Re: Old aluminum frame with top components. How much am I losing [Nick B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A lot of the improvement from the P2 to the P5 is in the cockpit and front brake as opposed to the frame.

The OP's already fairly optimized these.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply