Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: "Qualified to be president" [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, not all.

People want to have a reasonable conversation?

No, not all.

You're ready to shove a fist thru the screen?

No, not all.

We are not all just unreasonable, disrespectful assholes?

No, not all.

All of the above?

~Matt
Quote Reply
Re: "Qualified to be president" [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:
No, not all.

No, not all.

No, not all.

No, not all.

All of the above?

~Matt

Yes. ;-p

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I know I was agreeing with you."

phew! glad you guys got that worked out. almost a big misunderstanding.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: "Qualified to be president" [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
phew! glad you guys got that worked out. almost a big misunderstanding.

I hope you're taking notes on how to have a productive discussion. You see what I did there. Stated what his position was and showed how I agreed with him. Did so in a non condescending way and sought to understand his position :-)

~Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
MJuric wrote:
No, not all.

No, not all.

No, not all.

No, not all.

All of the above?

~Matt

Yes. ;-p

DAMN IT!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I hope you're taking notes on how to have a productive discussion."

i'm still trying to find my rhythm. needing to practice agreeing what whatever you guys say. doing my best. i'll catch on, just be patient ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm still trying to find my rhythm. needing to practice agreeing what whatever you guys say. doing my best. i'll catch on, just be patient ;-)

Keep working on it, we'll all be holding hands and singing Kumbaya in no time.

~Matt

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"I hope you're taking notes on how to have a productive discussion."

What makes you think we want to add you to the circle jerk?

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"What makes you think we want to add you to the circle jerk?"

matt says we'll all be singing kumbaya. isn't that what we sing during the jerk?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
"What makes you think we want to add you to the circle jerk?"

matt says we'll all be singing kumbaya. isn't that what we sing during the jerk?

Well, most of us sing. Duffy has a hard time doing so with Trump's balls in this mouth.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:
After 8 years of "experience", do you think Obama could step in and run your business better than you?

No, because my business requires specific knowledge in a specific area and is only ~25% management and or executive level work. Furthermore no because for the same 8 years I've been running the business and that means I have eight more years of experience as well :-)

Can you think of any business where hiring Obama as CEO would not cause the stock to immediately plummet? (Other than a charity that relies upon government money)

I don't think Obama was a particularly good manager or executive. I tend to think that the "Cream of the crop" those running fortune 500+ companies are heads and shoulders above Obama and for the most part would be better at being president and CEO's then Obama.

That being said yes, I can see a smaller company 50-250 person company taking Obama on as CEO with no serious ill effect.

Obama was and is the least qualified person to run the businesses he claims were built by others.

I tend to not believe there is much of a cross over between "Small business" and "Executive" and or "Managerial" positions. Small businesses need "Hands on" and "Productive" owners/CEO's. They HAVE to know the inner workings and need to be productive in the production method. In fact I think the hardest hurdle to get over from "Small" to "Medium" is exactly that, shifting the owner from "Producer of product" to "Executive".

Obama had no real executive experience when he took office. He had very little government experience. He, IMO, lacks some of the characteristics that are necessary to be a good leader and CEO. The ends result was that I don't think he was that good of a president, I think history will judge him as "Mehhhh...."

I do think it is one hell of a lot easier to skate by as president then it is CEO though.

~Matt

Agreed.

The best CEOs can easily be good presidents while an Obama type president will almost never be a good CEO.

One Wall Street quarterly grilling would expose him far too quickly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
your links are spot on. hillary absolutely made statements that were not accurate. the question is, did she lie? or did she either speak out of ignorance (when she said it was allowed, and that other people did it before her)? i listened to james comey's testimony. and then read it, to be clear that he said what i thought i heard. he had a very hard time himself determining this.

i wouldn't fault anyone who believes she lied; that she knew what she was saying was false. just, your links are evidence of her making false statements. were the statements all lies? were some lies? i don't know. they were at least evidence of incomplete knowledge and taking an affirmative act that should not have been taken, and that indicates a license or privilege she thinks is due her.

that's why i wrote that i'm more bothered by what she did than by what she said: i know what she did; i don't know for sure what intent underpins what she said.

Her assertion that she did not did not send / receive any classified emails would indicate that she either 1) did lie or 2) was sending and receiving emails marked classified but was unaware of their classifications. The latter may be more disturbing than the former. Nevertheless, I agree that the latter is a possibility, but it seems to be a remote one.
Last edited by: J_R: Aug 1, 16 17:00
Quote Reply
Re: "Qualified to be president" [Goobdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The best CEOs can easily be good presidents while an Obama type president will almost never be a good CEO.

I think Obama could easily be a good CEO as could every President who ever lived. Once they get through their respective Primaries then deal with the House and Congress for 4-8 years, a Wall Street call would be a walk in the park.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
your links are spot on. hillary absolutely made statements that were not accurate. the question is, did she lie? or did she either speak out of ignorance (when she said it was allowed, and that other people did it before her)? i listened to james comey's testimony. and then read it, to be clear that he said what i thought i heard. he had a very hard time himself determining this.

i wouldn't fault anyone who believes she lied; that she knew what she was saying was false. just, your links are evidence of her making false statements. were the statements all lies? were some lies? i don't know. they were at least evidence of incomplete knowledge and taking an affirmative act that should not have been taken, and that indicates a license or privilege she thinks is due her.

that's why i wrote that i'm more bothered by what she did than by what she said: i know what she did; i don't know for sure what intent underpins what she said.

She seems to be sticking to her claims that she didn't send/received classified emails. What say you?

. http://www.cnn.com/...apper-factcheck-org/
Quote Reply
Re: "Qualified to be president" [J_R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"She seems to be sticking to her claims that she didn't send/received classified emails. What say you?"

she's parsing way too closely. she did not lie to the FBI. while maybe she didn't lie to the american people, if a lie is premeditated, she did tell a false narrative to the american people on a number of occasions.

i don't know why politicians keep digging. esp a politician that has clearly seen this happen over and over with other politicians. she could say:

"i didn't lie to the FBI, and i didn't say anything to the american people or to any Congressional hearing panel, that i knew to be false at the time i said it. i think this is consistent with the FBI's report. but the FBI investigation uncovered instances that contradicted the representations i was making, which means my statements were not all true. while well-intended these decisions i made, and my judgment errors, compromised my staff, the agency, the government, and the american people. i will do better, and will work hard to earn the trust of american people."

if she said at least the above, i'd feel better.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next