Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 810 - turn by turn issues
Quote | Reply
My Garmin 810 stopped giving me turn alerts when I use a created route. Has anyone encountered this issue? If so, any fixes?
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 810 - turn by turn issues [rbalfuri5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rbalfuri5 wrote:
My Garmin 810 stopped giving me turn alerts when I use a created route. Has anyone encountered this issue? If so, any fixes?

So you are downloading a route from somewhere (like ridewithgps)?

Before you ride the route, you need to go into it and turn route guidance on. For some strange reason, Garmin defaults that to Off. And virtual partner to on. Go figure. Anyway, perhaps you are doing that already but not much detail in your question.

Pete Githens
Reading, PA
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 810 - turn by turn issues [Mr. October] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'll give that a try. So I need to go to garmin connect? Can you tell me where on the screen I can find the option to turn off/turn on turn notifications? Thanks again.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 810 - turn by turn issues [rbalfuri5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, you don't do this in Garmin Connect. Load your intended TCX route into your 810. Then remove the 810 from your computer. Turn the 810 on and go to "Courses", and select the course you just loaded. Then, touch the little wrench for settings associated with this course. This is where you need to turn on 'Route Guidance', turn off 'Virtual Partner', and if you want you can turn off the 'Off Course' warnings. Now turn your device back ( this is what I do but you may not have to do it). Then turn back on, load your course and you are ready to go. When you select "Go", do not start the timer again since this "Go" function automatically starts it.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 810 - turn by turn issues [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NealH wrote:
No, you don't do this in Garmin Connect. Load your intended TCX route into your 810. Then remove the 810 from your computer. Turn the 810 on and go to "Courses", and select the course you just loaded. Then, touch the little wrench for settings associated with this course. This is where you need to turn on 'Route Guidance', turn off 'Virtual Partner', and if you want you can turn off the 'Off Course' warnings. Now turn your device back ( this is what I do but you may not have to do it). Then turn back on, load your course and you are ready to go. When you select "Go", do not start the timer again since this "Go" function automatically starts it.

Exactly. But you are correct. You don't have to turn the device off/on once you configure the course the way you want.

Pete Githens
Reading, PA
Quote Reply