Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What's with all the "Drumpf" stuff? [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Watching that, it dawned on me why I don't like that Oliver guy (or Stewart for same reason). I don't care to be shouted at, hectored, or lectured to -- which is what it feels like to me.

I don't get that vibe so much from Oliver. Stewart definitely became more and more condescending, blatantly anti-republican, and snarky as he approached the end of his show. Oliver seems to be taking a better tact of simply focusing on specific issues or problems and exposing them, rather than being on an anti-conservative hunt. But I can see how, if you don't watch him often, or don't agree with the things he thinks are not right, you might feel like he's preaching at you. I wouldn't say that he's condescending. If anything, he's pretty frequently self deprecating. For many Americans, it seems to be worse because he does it in an English accent.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: What's with all the "Drumpf" stuff? [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come on now, I was speaking out of love.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: What's with all the "Drumpf" stuff? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Come on now, I was speaking out of love.

This .gif, alone, can make america great again!

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: What's with all the "Drumpf" stuff? [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Well, if someone had pointed out that I only had to watch the last three minutes of the 21 minute monologue in the first place, that would have been different.

I watched the last three minutes, though, and wish I had them back. That was even dumber than I expected. He's basically just making fun of Trump's grandfather's original German name because he thinks it sounds dumb? Yeah, alright . . . Not exactly highbrow stuff. My kids are beyond that brand of humor.

John Oliver is a waste of airspace. I don't understand how he keeps his show. Stewart wasn't quite as bad but was close. Colbert was the only show of that genre I could stand. He made fun of both sides but he did it by going overboard diehard conservative while making fun of liberals thus mocking both sides and it was hilarious. Oliver and Stewart are just idiots who like to yell.
Quote Reply
Re: What's with all the "Drumpf" stuff? [aarondb4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In other words you don't like them because they only make fun of your side. Got it.

aarondb4 wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
Well, if someone had pointed out that I only had to watch the last three minutes of the 21 minute monologue in the first place, that would have been different.

I watched the last three minutes, though, and wish I had them back. That was even dumber than I expected. He's basically just making fun of Trump's grandfather's original German name because he thinks it sounds dumb? Yeah, alright . . . Not exactly highbrow stuff. My kids are beyond that brand of humor.

John Oliver is a waste of airspace. I don't understand how he keeps his show. Stewart wasn't quite as bad but was close. Colbert was the only show of that genre I could stand. He made fun of both sides but he did it by going overboard diehard conservative while making fun of liberals thus mocking both sides and it was hilarious. Oliver and Stewart are just idiots who like to yell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
slowguy wrote:
Quote:
Not exactly highbrow stuff. My kids are beyond that brand of humor.

Well thank-fucking-God we have you here to remind us what does or doesn't constitute high brow humor.

Talk about condescending.

I love that the two wettest blankets in the LR are bickering about who is the most wet blankety.

I hope it goes on forever...... for them.
Quote Reply
Re: What's with all the "Drumpf" stuff? [axlsix3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
axlsix3 wrote:
In other words you don't like them because they only make fun of your side. Got it.

aarondb4 wrote:
vitus979 wrote:

Lurn 2 reed. My post clearly indicates I appreciate someone who can make fun of both sides. Not just some asshole with an axe to grind and substituting yelling for comedy.
Quote Reply

Prev Next