Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Powertap P1 Pedals - Battery Issues
Quote | Reply
When I put new batteries in pedals (either regular or lithium) Garmin (both 520 and 810) immediately say that batteries are low. Batteries then will last only approximately 30-40 minutes before dying. Anyone else have this experience? Have already contact customer support and they are sending me new battery caps, just wondering if anyone else had issue and if so, what they did to fix. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 Pedals - Battery Issues [txoldtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup.
Same problem. Same diagnosis. Same fix.

They last a very long time now.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 Pedals - Battery Issues [dfroelich] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same problem, good to know u had good luck w replacement covers. I noticed a salty (?) residue had formed inside my battery compartments, and cleaning out with q-tip and scrubbing at old battery cover seemed to get the battery to last longer. I always replace my AAAs before a race though.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap P1 Pedals - Battery Issues [txoldtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just had this exact same issue. The right pedal would remain at 100% and the left never got a battery strength over 25%.

Saris sent me a new set of battery cover doors which did not do the trick. I called them back up and I ended up sending them in. I just got a new (refurbished) set back today and they seem to work out just fine - well for the 10 minutes I used them on the trainer.

Jon
Quote Reply