Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile Design ZBS bars fit question for road bike
Quote | Reply
I put Profile Design ZBS clip-ons on my road bike to provide more positions on long rides. There is basically zero room between the pads and my bar and I'd like to raise it a little so I can still use my bar top, and besides it just felt a little too low anyways and I'm not really shooting for the most aero possible here vs. comfort considerations. I'm trying to decide between 30mm and 40mm riser kits. Unfortunately I can't really try them out without buying and they're $25 a piece. Just wondering what other people who have similar setups use and if you happen to have either 30mm or 40mm riser kits, would you get the same ones if you had to do it again?
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design ZBS bars fit question for road bike [Jie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem is, because of the nature of the ZBS bars and the way they're mounted, the bars will always be attached at the level of the handlebars. For this reason I doubt that the riserkit you're looking at is for the ZBS bars, because all you would be able to do is raise the pads, while keeping the bars low, which is generally not very comfortable.

It's a bit hard to convey perhaps but just try to visualize on your handlebars where the extensions would mount if you would raise the whole thing 40mm.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design ZBS bars fit question for road bike [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, the ZBS bars armrest and extensions are directly connected and the riser kit will raise them together, so that's not a concern.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design ZBS bars fit question for road bike [CCUdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bad! I guess I never really paid that much attention to how they were mounted and assumed it was a conventional horizontal mount. This way it does seem that if you keep the extensions horizontal you're increasing the reach by inserting spacers, so that has to factor into your fit. I hope someone here has experience with them and chimes in. Fit is quite personal of course so could be tricky either way. A more adjustable T3 bar of something similar would give you more adjustability.
Quote Reply