Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pro Kona Qualifying does my head in
Quote | Reply
Simple question:

Two guys in the list L Sanders and A Raelert lie 7th and 9th in the list. Tons of points. Good for them. Sanders has been on a 70.3 win streak this year and has a win at IMAZ in the qualifying period. Raelert has only his Kona points from last year keeping him in 9th.

How come neither of them has a 'Q' next to their names?

Where as dudes like T Wurtele (who I think is a great guy) have qualified despite having nearly 4,000 less points? Is it tied to having a qualifying IM in the same calendar year? Which is the only thing I can spot?

How does this bloody thing work?
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Kona Qualifying does my head in [Impulse-Warp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IIRC the only pros at this point who have qualified are those who have won a regional championship, or past winners who have validated. Everyone else needs to wait for the (first) cut off.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure Raelert has done another IM since Kona to "validate" his chances.

No idea why Sanders (or others) doesn't have the "Q."
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Kona Qualifying does my head in [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mauricemaher wrote:
IIRC the only pros at this point who have qualified are those who have won a regional championship, or past winners who have validated. Everyone else needs to wait for the (first) cut off.

Maurice

^^^ this. I think. Though I thought I saw a a Q next to someone that didn;t win a regional qualifier. But maybe if the winner already had a auto qual, then the auto qual rolled down.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Kona Qualifying does my head in [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think that's the explanation as there are ALOT of Q's on the list. A lot more than the regional races.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Kona Qualifying does my head in [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
I don't think that's the explanation as there are ALOT of Q's on the list. A lot more than the regional races.

Yeah, something weird going on, as there about 40 qualifiers now but not Potts, ranked 4th or Sanders ranked 7th?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Invitations just went out. They may get a Q when the accept their invitation and actually enter. As long as they have an * next to their name, they have met the requirements. Raelert does not have an * meaning he needs to validate.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raelert is currently recovering from a stress fracture in his hip I believe . . . he hasn't ruled out Kona, but time is starting to grow short.

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Impulse-Warp wrote:
Simple question:

Two guys in the list L Sanders and A Raelert lie 7th and 9th in the list. Tons of points. Good for them. Sanders has been on a 70.3 win streak this year and has a win at IMAZ in the qualifying period. Raelert has only his Kona points from last year keeping him in 9th.

Where as dudes like T Wurtele (who I think is a great guy) have qualified despite having nearly 4,000 less points? Is it tied to having a qualifying IM in the same calendar year? Which is the only thing I can spot?

As Brandon Marsh said, it indicates whether or not the pro's accepted or not. Maybe Lionel isn't going to accept or maybe he just hasn't got around to responding.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Kona Qualifying does my head in [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Impulse-Warp wrote:
Simple question:

As Brandon Marsh said, it indicates whether or not the pro's accepted or not. Maybe Lionel isn't going to accept or maybe he just hasn't got around to responding.

Maybe Lionel doesn't have internet down in his pain cave and that's why he gets so much training in.
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Kona Qualifying does my head in [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:

Maybe Lionel doesn't have internet down in his pain cave and that's why he gets so much training in.

He seems pretty active on Facebook to me but maybe he doesn't check his email. Probably gets too much fan mail and spam.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Kona Qualifying does my head in [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sfam?
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Kona Qualifying does my head in [-BrandonMarshTX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
-BrandonMarshTX wrote:
Invitations just went out. They may get a Q when the accept their invitation and actually enter. As long as they have an * next to their name, they have met the requirements. Raelert does not have an * meaning he needs to validate.

How long to they have to accept their spot?
Quote Reply
Re: Pro Kona Qualifying does my head in [Tri Bread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri Bread wrote:
-BrandonMarshTX wrote:

How long to they have to accept their spot?

The Q appears only once the person responds to the email formally accepting the slot saying, "I'm in."

There's no hard deadline on it. They simply ask that you let them know "as soon as possible" so that if you aren't accepting that someone who is waiting on a roll down can accept. Most athletes respond right away. But there are always reasons - lingering injury being the biggest one - that might cause someone to take some time to think about it.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Q for Sanders now. :-)
Quote Reply