Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rv rental to IMLOU ideas
Quote | Reply
Hi All!

I'm debating on taking the wife and dog to IMLOU. I've done the race several time before and stayed downtown. Does anyone have any insight to see how this will shake out. We are looking at 30ftish RV and driving up from FL. We are pretty new to this camping thing so pretty clueless. I guess if we had to could either rent a car on race day or stay at a hotel to be able to get to transition. Any insight or ideas would be greatly appreciated so I don't regret it the day before raceday!
Quote Reply
Re: Rv rental to IMLOU ideas [Mack Truck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where would you park it, boondock? there is a large parking lot downriver next to Joes Crabshack, just beside transistion but not sure you would be able to park an RV during an event, or for extended period. also, if its a small rental RV, likely your water & grey/blank tank capacity will likely severely limit your abilty to boondock for any period of time.

I think my choice would be across the river in IN, 3miles away,
Metro KOA
http://koa.com/campgrounds/louisville-metro/
Quote Reply
Re: Rv rental to IMLOU ideas [Mack Truck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mack Truck wrote:
Hi All!

I'm debating on taking the wife and dog to IMLOU. I've done the race several time before and stayed downtown. Does anyone have any insight to see how this will shake out. We are looking at 30ftish RV and driving up from FL. We are pretty new to this camping thing so pretty clueless. I guess if we had to could either rent a car on race day or stay at a hotel to be able to get to transition. Any insight or ideas would be greatly appreciated so I don't regret it the day before raceday!

Don't do it. I would divorce you if you stuck me with a dog for 10-17 hours while you were out doing your thing.....

And I say this as a 4x IM finisher including 2x IM Lou.

ETA: I guess it is OK if you're going sub 10. :-)

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Last edited by: japarker24: Jul 27, 16 7:57
Quote Reply