Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Disc cover on bontrager aeolus 7 tlr?
Quote | Reply
So, been burned before...

Super specific question:
Does anybody have experience using a wheelbuilder disc cover on a bontrager aelous 7 tlr rear wheel? Specifically, I'm looking for a cheap option to run on my 2014 speed concept 7.5. Any other recs?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Disc cover on bontrager aeolus 7 tlr? [Nmtransplant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nmtransplant wrote:
So, been burned before...

Super specific question:
Does anybody have experience using a wheelbuilder disc cover on a bontrager aelous 7 tlr rear wheel? Specifically, I'm looking for a cheap option to run on my 2014 speed concept 7.5. Any other recs?

Thanks!

Would recommend a Catalyst Cover but I am not sure how back up they are at a moment. Could be a long wait to get one. I would actually like to build a Aeolus 5 with cover. Trek has said that it was the fastest wheel they tested in the bike.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Hadn't heard of Catalyst before but they look very interesting (I like the weight difference compared to the wheelbuilder cover). Any idea how much they cost, approximately?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...wheel_cover_P5019899

One of the posts mentions $299.
Quote Reply
Re: Disc cover on bontrager aeolus 7 tlr? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a matter of fact, we ran CFD on a cover with all depths of Aeolus D3 rims and found no difference between them...confirmed in the wind tunnel with Manny aboard and pedaling with an A5 and an A9 (both covered). No difference between them, and still the fastest we've tested in the back of an SC.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looking for an update on this. I have a SC7.5 and Aeolus 7 set.
Would like to get a real rear disc, but in the meantime looking at aero covers.
Anyone get one to fit the rear Aeulos 7, and if so, what about the speed/cadence sensor?
Quote Reply
Re: Disc cover on bontrager aeolus 7 tlr? [srschick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have gen 2 speed concept 7.5. Using wheelbuilder disc cover with Aeolus 5s. Fits fine, no issues, and have duotrap installed. I only use it for the cadence band, so don't have the speed sensor on a spoke if that makes a difference for you. Technically since the 7 is a deeper wheel, it should provide more clearance as the cover doesn't start until closer to the hub. Hope that helps!
Quote Reply
Re: Disc cover on bontrager aeolus 7 tlr? [Cdn_Biker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks!
Quote Reply