Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Roka Run Gear Is Available! [CrankyNeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CrankyNeck wrote:
Not too impressed. In fact, just the opposite. Their men's running shorts particularly suck. What the hell is going on with these companies? Do they think EVERYONE wants to run in black shorts? Give me a break. No splits? Get real. Can people actually run distance in shorts so long? And anyone who would pay $75 for such shorts needs a mental exam - quick. All of the stuff is overpriced. If you're making Under Armour's prices look cheap, which they are, then you're way overpriced.

Do you own the shorts and have you run in them? I ran 5 miles in them and could easily run 10 miles in them if I wanted to. I don't need a mental exam. I appreciate well designed, high quality gear.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Run Gear Is Available! [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
There is a key holder in the front left side and a center pocket in the back. The drawstring can be tied up unlike my Mizuno shorts.

A key holder AND a pocket in the back? A drawstring? Will this innovation never stop?

/pink

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Run Gear Is Available! [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was comparing them to my Mizuno shorts which do not have any of those features.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This so-called "high-quality gear" is no better than what you pay half of their prices for. Nothing groundbreaking in those shorts/tops. I mean, it's not my money and people can buy whatever they want. If one feels the need to be sporting Roka-wear and willing to spend for that, then that is their choice. But one can easily get technical running apparel that is as good, if not better, for a lot less. That's not my opinion. It is just simple fact.
Quote Reply
Re: Roka Run Gear Is Available! [CrankyNeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CrankyNeck wrote:
This so-called "high-quality gear" is no better than what you pay half of their prices for. Nothing groundbreaking in those shorts/tops. I mean, it's not my money and people can buy whatever they want. If one feels the need to be sporting Roka-wear and willing to spend for that, then that is their choice. But one can easily get technical running apparel that is as good, if not better, for a lot less. That's not my opinion. It is just simple fact.

Okay, so you haven't run in the shorts and you don't own them. You are criticizing Roka based off price. That's your choice, but I don't think you can say the shorts suck if you haven't ran in them.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RokaSports, I am a big fan of your swim and bike gear, and gladly pay for the higher quality and attention to detail. But I do wear run shorts made by a competitor that have a compression liner but look like regular run shorts. Any plans for a similar product? Not sure it is placebo, but I do think the compression shorts reduces hamstring and gluteus fatigue, the longer the run, the more notable the benefit.
Quote Reply

Prev Next