Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

BBS: IM Lou bike course vs. IM Moo vs. Cedar Point
Quote | Reply
Plugging in some numbers into Best Bike Split. All else being equal (weather/170lbs weight/215 w target NP):
IM Wisconsin 5:10
Rev3 Cedar Point 5:06
IM Louisville 5:20-5:25 (depending on which course I choose - there are multiple IMLou courses on there)

Is Louisville really 10-15 minutes slower than Wisconsin? I thought that Wisconsin was harder.
Quote Reply
Re: BBS: IM Lou bike course vs. IM Moo vs. Cedar Point [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anton84 wrote:
Plugging in some numbers into Best Bike Split. All else being equal (weather/170lbs weight/215 w target NP):
IM Louisville 5:20-5:25 (depending on which course I choose - there are multiple IMLou courses on there)

Is Louisville really 10-15 minutes slower than Wisconsin? I thought that Wisconsin was harder.

Not IME. IMLou is definitely faster. (I've done IMMoo three times, IMLou twice.)

As for how much, I'd guess 5-10 minutes if riding around 5 hours. My fastest split was last year at IMLou, which was 7 minutes faster than best IMMoo split; I was a bit less fit at IMLou as well.
Quote Reply
Re: BBS: IM Lou bike course vs. IM Moo vs. Cedar Point [Anton84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anton84 wrote:

ive done all three, Cedar Point was least hilly. I averaged 21.5 at Cedar Point and around 21.0 at both Louisville and Wisconsin. If you want to PR or something like that I would do Cedar Point. I was slightly faster at Louisville, that was also in one of the 90+ degree Louisville races. Louisville and Wisconsin are pretty close in difficulty. Probably depends more on weather that day. They are both overrated in difficulty. They obviously are not flat, but they are not hard either.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We have noticed some elevation issues on some course. If you look at the TA tool and up power and turn on Time Delta line int he legend if you see huge spikes there are probably some elevation issues. We are refining some smoothing to help eliminate there bad elevation points. Also adding grade to the interval list to help point these areas out. Should have some updates out soon for future courses.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Founder: BestBikeSplit
Amazonian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are two data points for what it is worth.

IM Louisville 2009
187 pounds.
1 hour@226
3:30@235
0:47@226
VI=1.02
AP=232
trek equinox ttx + wheel builder + zipp 808

Cedar point 2010
185 pounds
zipp 1010 front, zipp 900 disc rear
vi=1.02
np=254
4:47

Checkout http://www.iotexpert.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude, you remember how horrible the road surface was at Cedar Point. There's no way that can be replicated by Best Bike Split. That 5-6 mile section we started and finished on looked (and felt) like it had been hit by a bomb. There was some chip seal out there too if I remember right. It was pretty dang windy that day too.

I like the WI course better, but can't say I have been on it in an actual race. Never been anywhere near LOU.

Good luck with whatever you do!
Quote Reply