Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Not one new post on her running mate?
Quote | Reply
What's up with that?
Quote Reply
Re: Not one new post on her running mate? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't really know much about him. From what I have read, it looks as though, the Clinton/Kaine ticket will run on a record, of a life-time of very experienced governance, as one of their strong points - which is true. However, this will mean they ( Dems) are under non-stop withering attacks from Trump & Co. for exactly that reason - that those who are part of the Beltway establishment are the problem!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
#DemTicketSoWhite
Quote Reply
Re: Not one new post on her running mate? [DJRed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#DemTicketSoWhite

Kaine seems to be a good pick. He has good experience and appears to be highly regarded in the world of politics. It's too bad we have come to the point that people discredit him simply for the color of his skin or that he isn't generating sensational headlines. People get all worked up with candidates like Trump who generate controversy, and then when someone like Pence or Kaine is nominated, they complain because they aren't controversial enough.

#GOPTicketSoWhite
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too busy listening to him now. The difference in attitude is profound. If the USA is a fundamentally hopeful and optimistic country, the GOP has lost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crickets, huh? (Grillos in Spanish) Not surprised. I don't get cable, but the Fox website is burying it far below the fold, to hide it as much as possible. Luckily, stalwart liberal sites like Redstate and TheResurgent are covering it in detail:

http://theresurgent.com/...trump-is-in-trouble/

Last edited by: oldandslow: Jul 23, 16 15:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kaine & Hillary, someone should be Abel to come up with something, no?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kanye West is the perfect pick for her.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Not one new post on her running mate? [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, We ... Are Abel!
Quote Reply
Re: Not one new post on her running mate? [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Kanye West is the perfect pick for her.

That would be entertaining. He and Trump would go toe to toe burying the needle on the outlandish/over the top/crazy meter.
Quote Reply
Re: Not one new post on her running mate? [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure a lot of Dem's will be Abel to support Hillary's choice but being a gun control advocate will cause some to be unAbel to vote for her.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really much to say about him. Like I said elsewhere, I was on Chap Petersen's LT governor campaign when he lost the primary, so Creigh Deeds inherited most of us. Creigh Deeds was a supporter of Chap Petersen in the primary and I met him at what was supposed to be the victory party in Fairfax. Because Creigh Deeds was running for Attorney General and Tim Kaine the Governor so our efforts were spread among both. So I know him more than most and there really isn't a lot there that you don't already know. He is a devout Catholic who attended mass at a black church in metro Richmond. He was a missionary in latin America if I recall, so he speaks Spanish fluently. Besides bad hair, there really much to attack. The dude is as Vanilla as they come, hence why he was likely selected. He is a pre-McAulliffe Democratic governor, so he is more conservative than trump. More of a deal maker than an ideologue, but avoids controversy. If Trump had selected a bomb thrower for a VP, he would be in trouble in dabate, but Pence isn't. I think the VP debates will be exactly the kind of rational debate that people like slowguy and slowman want.

The only thing Trump can attack is his gifts, but the problem with that is that it is more of a symptom of lack state elections laws put in place by generations of republicans, and very much the reason that McDonnel was ultimately set free on appeal. Trump is the only candidate I can think of who could get away with that, because he probably wouldn't think twice about calling McDonnel a part of the same corrupt machine. However, many in talk radio did defend McDonnel, so it will be interesting seeing them negotiate that.

I'll say it now. IF I START SAYING BAD THINGS ABOUT KAINE, I'M PURELY BEING PARTISAN, because at this point I don't have anything bad to say about him except that he is low energy. But less so than Bush was.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apathy.
Seems appropriate.

Or perhaps the best emotion one can expect Hilary to generate.
Quote Reply
Re: Not one new post on her running mate? [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

#GOPTicketSoWhite

BULLSHIT! Trump would be America's first orange President!

#orangelivesmatter

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Not one new post on her running mate? [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#orangeisthenewblack
Quote Reply