Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Buy a Car from Costco? [fartleker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fartleker wrote:
We bought our 2011 Hyundia Sonota through their program. Go online, click a few buttons, and bring it to the dealership. We went to both dealerships in town and it was the same. Took all the negotiating out. Well, except they gave is $300 in free oil changes and then tried to charge $300 for it. That didn't fly...

It was pretty easy and I would do it again. Not sure if it is the absolute best deal out there but I hate the dealership games.

Same here - bought a Volvo through the Costco program, pretty easy, no negotiating. It worked out well for us and I would consider it again.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: Buy a Car from Costco? [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Costco process is super easy. I did the same as some others had said, found the vehicle I wanted at dealer 1. Went and got the Costco pricing on same vehicle at dealer 2. Went back to dealer 1 and negotiated knowing what I could get it for at dealer 2 and it worked out.

I helped my sister purchase a car through the Costco program in the last month or so. She's more of a "I don't want to deal with this, I wish I could buy a car from Amazon" type person (actual quote from her). So the Costco price made it super easy for her, the only thing that she negotiated was trade in value for her old car which was a one counter offer thing and done. She ended up paying less than she thought she would from her online research so she was happy.

I would also add, if you're trading in a car and have a CarMax close by, spend the 30 minutes to go get a quote from them to purchase your car. They give you an offer that is good for 7 days and they seem to buy cars for significantly more than dealerships offer. I then used the simple formula of:

Costco Price - CarMax Offer - $2,000 = What I want to pay

I was able to get fairly close to that.
Quote Reply

Prev Next