Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 20 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The end is near! [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If we consider how many are in the field and the difference in time between CF and the lanterne rouge and the fact that even the bloke who's last (second year in row i think) would eat everyones lunch on here there are genuinely maybe half a dozen starters who might be considered to be in contention on day 1 and thats assuming they have teams that could deliver a winning strategy and are deep enough in ability to be able to do it. By day 21 they are all f $$ked and clinging on for dear life.

In three weeks their immune systems have got to be destroyed. Virus's, crashes, injuries, illnesses. The fact that as many finish as do is in some ways surprising in spite of how fit they all are.

Sky's dominance shows that it takes a lot of preparation. A great strategy and some good fortune.

Someone noted yesterday how fast froome went through the last corner. In last years tour i think i saw a clip on sky where everyday they send a bloke to the finish line in the morning before the start. He go-pro's the last km / 1.5 and emails it to the bus ans they all see what its like for the sprint. They did it after the barriers are up because scoping it weeks in advance you dont know the exact position of the run in.

Thay sort of prep allows one to take corners faster if you know whats coming.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 20 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The end is near! [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Andrewmc wrote:
If we consider how many are in the field and the difference in time between CF and the lanterne rouge and the fact that even the bloke who's last (second year in row i think) would eat everyones lunch on here there are genuinely maybe half a dozen starters who might be considered to be in contention on day 1 and thats assuming they have teams that could deliver a winning strategy and are deep enough in ability to be able to do it. By day 21 they are all f $$ked and clinging on for dear life.

In three weeks their immune systems have got to be destroyed. Virus's, crashes, injuries, illnesses. The fact that as many finish as do is in some ways surprising in spite of how fit they all are.

Sky's dominance shows that it takes a lot of preparation. A great strategy and some good fortune.

Someone noted yesterday how fast froome went through the last corner. In last years tour i think i saw a clip on sky where everyday they send a bloke to the finish line in the morning before the start. He go-pro's the last km / 1.5 and emails it to the bus ans they all see what its like for the sprint. They did it after the barriers are up because scoping it weeks in advance you dont know the exact position of the run in.

Thay sort of prep allows one to take corners faster if you know whats coming.

How do I sign up for that job? Get Sky to pay me to ride with a gopro for 21 days in July and beam them back the stage finish? Well it sounds like Sky has someone doing that. I'll my soul to Movistar, Astana or Katusha. Heck I'll even sell my soul Vaughters if he pays me to beam the images back to the Cannondale bus. Bid being accepted on eBay!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 20 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The end is near! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You'd have thought everyone would do it. Especially for sprints.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 20 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The end is near! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sky's version of Motorcycle Man??
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 20 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The end is near! [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the threads the last weeks Power13. Rationally Kittel is the biggest chance I guess, but I want to see Greipel take it. If not Greipel (his form just doesn't seem to be there), then Coquard, Enger, McLay, or Groenewegen winning would be an awesome way to finish the last stage. Also hoping for some last lap (or earlier) shenanigans from teams that have bugger all to show for at this Tour and no real sprinter on board. I'm looking at you, Cannondale and FDJ.
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 20 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The end is near! [snaaijert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snaaijert wrote:
Thanks for the threads the last weeks Power13. Rationally Kittel is the biggest chance I guess, but I want to see Greipel take it. If not Greipel (his form just doesn't seem to be there), then Coquard, Enger, McLay, or Groenewegen winning would be an awesome way to finish the last stage. Also hoping for some last lap (or earlier) shenanigans from teams that have bugger all to show for at this Tour and no real sprinter on board. I'm looking at you, Cannondale and FDJ.

I like your thinking, but for the home crowd I would like to see Coquard take it. Also the Champs sprint is slightly uphill which should help his tiny stature.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wtf happened to kittel - was putting baby to bed and he's off out the back?
Quote Reply
Re: 2016 Tour de France STAGE 20 Discussion Thread......*spoilers* The end is near! [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know I was at the pool. Got back to see the final 5K....did you guys see Sagan's back wheel bounce/wash out all over the Skoda logos at the finish line? The guy pulls people all over yesterday's course and today he has legs for the sprint finish and nearly times it perfectly!
Quote Reply

Prev Next