Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

And this is why people dislike motorcyclists
Quote | Reply
I'm passing a car on the interstate, going 77. Motorcycle runs up on my ass. I move over, motorcycle comes alongside, guy yapping. I give him the shrug of "sure dude, whatever". He cuts in front of me, stays 10 feet up. I go to pass, he cuts over. Highway is now 3 lanes, so I hit the gas and leave him behind.

Guy is going to end up roadkill. He has zero protection and is trying to be a dick.

If I don't, who will? -Me
It's like being bipolar in opinion is a requirement around here. -TripleThreat
Quote Reply
Re: And this is why people dislike motorcyclists [lunchbox] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As the State Trooper said at the start of Ride the Rockies one year -- "The one with the most lug nuts wins!!."

As a moto rider - the riders action is insane.

Graham Wilson
USAT Level III Elite Coach
http://www.thewilsongroup.biz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Bad thing for him is he is always going to lose that fight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
does sound immature and not the way to survive riding a motorbike

Not implying you were doing this at all and a bit off topic, but I would say that it can be frustrating when cars cruise along in the left or middle lane of a 3-lane highway when not over-taking. It's even illegal in my state but I've only ever seen one car pulled over for it. Drivers are either too stubborn to change lanes or want to avoid the right lane at all costs b/c it migtht mean they have to move back left to let cars merge in at an intersection - heaven forbid a lane chage! meanwhile they hold everyone up and are more often oblivious to it. Then of course there are the ones who think, "I'm going the speed limit and have every right to be in the left-hand, fast lane."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lunchbox wrote:
I'm passing a car on the interstate, going 77. Motorcycle runs up on my ass. I move over, motorcycle comes alongside, guy yapping. I give him the shrug of "sure dude, whatever". He cuts in front of me, stays 10 feet up. I go to pass, he cuts over. Highway is now 3 lanes, so I hit the gas and leave him behind.

Guy is going to end up roadkill. He has zero protection and is trying to be a dick.

I've seen the results of stupid motorcyclist playing stupid games. Trust me, it happens eventually. Once you see it, all this anger will be relieved. I love seeing human road kill.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: And this is why people dislike motorcyclists [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
does sound immature and not the way to survive riding a motorbike

Not implying you were doing this at all and a bit off topic, but I would say that it can be frustrating when cars cruise along in the left or middle lane of a 3-lane highway when not over-taking. It's even illegal in my state but I've only ever seen one car pulled over for it. Drivers are either too stubborn to change lanes or want to avoid the right lane at all costs b/c it migtht mean they have to move back left to let cars merge in at an intersection - heaven forbid a lane chage! meanwhile they hold everyone up and are more often oblivious to it. Then of course there are the ones who think, "I'm going the speed limit and have every right to be in the left-hand, fast lane."

The ones that kill me are the ones that evidently must have their cruise control set to 66 (where the posted limit is 65, or 76 vs 75 etc), so when they pass someone going spot on 65 it takes them about 2 fucking miles to execute the pass (while usually backing up another 5-10 more cars in the meantime) ~ instead of giving it a little extra gas for just a few moments to get the hell up & over promptly, and then settle back into cruise control...

SHIT OR GET OFF THE POT, MOTHERFUCKER!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lunchbox wrote:

So the actions of one douche make for a reason to dislike motorcycle riders?

How this...

I hate four wheeled car drivers because they take up too much fucking space and drive horrifically slow.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My only issue is with the ones on the performance bikes doing well over 100 mph on the highway who blow by you like you are standing still. All it takes is one small slip and they are toast.

I saw a good one just last weekend - guy and a girl flying down the highway after dusk as it was getting dark with no headlight on.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: And this is why people dislike motorcyclists [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really I just dislike everyone else on the road. I hear the Autobahn works well. I can still get 20 MPG at 110, so fuck it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think motorcyclists are any more likely to be a dick than people driving cars.

And I don't hate motorcyclists anymore than I hate motorists.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lunchbox wrote:

What kind of car do you have? Surprised you could leave a bike behind.
Quote Reply
Re: And this is why people dislike motorcyclists [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A Volvo. With a 2.0 L engine. I get a rollover every time I hear the supercharger.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lunchbox wrote:
A Volvo. With a 2.0 L engine. I get a rollover every time I hear the supercharger.

Nice. Was the bike a cruiser? A sport bike could have easily stayed with you.
Quote Reply
Re: And this is why people dislike motorcyclists [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I generally stay in the middle lane because our highway designers are idiots. The right lane disappears all the time. From Toronto to Whitby I once counted that the right lane disappeared seven times. Seven times I had to make lane changes to stay on the highway.

So yeah, I go 10 over in the middle lane and I stay there. Fuck it.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Last edited by: BLeP: Jul 23, 16 17:18
Quote Reply
Re: And this is why people dislike motorcyclists [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was. I generally go for fuel economy (averaged 36 MPG going IL to NC), but can take off when needed.

Quote Reply
Re: And this is why people dislike motorcyclists [Brian in MA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The cruisers going 80 mph with their bike maxed out and blowing out ear drums are far more annoying to me than a sport bike. My old Yamaha can do 100 mph and not be trying. The bike is designed to go fast- it gets more stable at speed. Does that mean idiots need to weave in and out of traffic at those speeds? Most definitely not. I never got how someone can ride their bike without a headlight. A) Safety. Hard enough to see a bike without one B) Laws due to that. Headlights required all times of day.

I really hate car drivers. They change lanes without signalling and sweep across lanes without notice. And pull out in front of bikes (that are not speeding). The road would be a much better place if everyone was required to either bicycle or motorcycle for a year. Give people some perspective.
Quote Reply
Re: And this is why people dislike motorcyclists [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
I generally stay in the middle lane because our highway designers are idiots. The right lane disappears all the time. From Toronto to Whitby I once counted that the right lane disappeared seven times. Seven times I had to make lane changes to stay on the highway.

So yeah, I go 10 over in the middle lane and I stay there. Fuck it.

You piqued my interest so I looked at Google Earth. Took a guess that you were referring to the 401/ McDonald Cartier / Hwy of Heroes.

Many locations where you have dual lane exit ramps, therefore the outer right lane has to drop to permit the other lane to diverge at the ramp nose. Also there are some big interchanges through there (Allen Rd, Don Valley) where likewise there are at times dual lane merges / diverges from both sides. There simply isn't room in some of those interchanges to keep all those through lanes with all the weaving going on.

Digressing, I found it interesting how driver speeds seemed to be noticeably higher there than back here. I tend to drive around the speed limit. When I was heading along the 404 I was being lambasted by the bro-in-law and wife for going so slow. Our cops set up speed cameras everywhere and whilst there are plenty that drive fast, most are generally within 10k of the limits. On the 404 it seemed like 20+ was the operating speed.
Quote Reply