Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Convention music [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
That's fine. We had a thread in here the other day after Trump walked out to "We are the Champions." People made out like he was stealing Queen's intellectual property, and portraying the situation as if Brian May had an actionable case against Trump for using the song against May's wishes.

Turns out, Trump is using the song in accordance with the licensing agreements May is party to. That's all I'm sayin.

but the members of Queen are English - by paying them royalties Trump is worsening the trade deficit.

Trump should only use music created by Americans.
Quote Reply
Re: Convention music [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
That's fine. We had a thread in here the other day after Trump walked out to "We are the Champions." People made out like he was stealing Queen's intellectual property, and portraying the situation as if Brian May had an actionable case against Trump for using the song against May's wishes.

Turns out, Trump is using the song in accordance with the licensing agreements May is party to. That's all I'm sayin.
Get the hell out of here! Are you saying they're spinning this to make Trump look bad? I haven't once heard of such a thing!

Seriously, this week has been the epitome of biased, sensationalistic nonsense from the media. I can't stand Trump, I loathe his message and delivery and narcissism and think he's a horrendous candidate, but this week has been hilarious, seeing the media react/spin all these various 'scandals' that have popped up. You'd think the RNC was a mix of Nazi propaganda, a clown convention, a KKK gathering and a bunch of 'drunk uncles' rolled into one shit-show, if you just read the recaps from some media sources.
Quote Reply
Re: Convention music [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was hilarious the first day when the media was reporting protests bordering on riots and my coworker was lapping it up. Starting an over/under on when somebody gets shot. Then he pulls up CNN's feed and it was a complete 180 from what was reported.

I genuinely think the media does not care about the validity of their reporting as long as it invokes the proper reaction.
Quote Reply
Re: Convention music [Runningwithbees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Julie mason was talking about how colleagues like other reporters From other news sources were no longer in town because they were sent to cover the protest and hoped for riots. But that fizzled.

"In the world I see you are stalking elk through the damp canyon forests around the ruins of Rockefeller Center. You'll wear leather clothes that will last you the rest of your life. You'll climb the wrist-thick kudzu vines that wrap the Sears Towers. And when you look down, you'll see tiny figures pounding corn, laying stripes of venison on the empty car pool lane of some abandoned superhighway." T Durden
Quote Reply
Re: Convention music [Runningwithbees] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I genuinely think the media does not care about the validity of their reporting as long as it invokes the proper reaction.

What's worse is that I think people don't care about the validity of the media's reporting, as long as it provokes the proper reaction.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply

Prev Next