Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Toughman MN
Quote | Reply
Anyone doing it this weekend? Glad the heat wave will be over but I am out carrying mail as a postman the next two days (since monday as well) so I hope its heat acclimation. Seems like the run aid stations will be a little far apart in some cases seeing as it may be fairly hot by then. Looks like the water temp was .2 degrees from cutoff. I assume that means they will find an area thats cool enough? Anyway, Never been there and driving there the morning of so should be an interesting day. Good luck to anyone. Will have my Slowtwitch Desoto tri shorts on riding a QR Lucero with Zipp 404 front and wheelcover on the back if ya wanna say hi.
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman MN [adambeston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did Toughman MN last year, and it's a great event - nice crowd and a nice course! Hope the heat doesn't become a problem. Have fun out there and take care of yourself!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We're a group of 4 coming from the Madison, WI area. We've done other Toughman races (IN, WI) but MN will be first time. Since I swim like a stone hoping for wetsuit legal! Will be warm on Sunday. For MN veterans - any tips on local restaurants, race course peculiarities, etc?

tinman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any idea how many people are registered for MN? I'm doing Toughman AL in a few weeks and I am really surprised at how few people are signed up. Less than 200 at this point. Disappointing.
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman MN [Kroppduster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree also signed up for Toughman AL and can't believe they are just peaking 150... Especially with new course change to an easier venue. Figured might increase some late sign ups.
Quote Reply
Re: Toughman MN [tinman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tinman wrote:
We're a group of 4 coming from the Madison, WI area. We've done other Toughman races (IN, WI) but MN will be first time. Since I swim like a stone hoping for wetsuit legal! Will be warm on Sunday. For MN veterans - any tips on local restaurants, race course peculiarities, etc?

My fastest 70.3 swim and bike splits were there (when it was the chisago triathlon) I loved the course!

There isn't much to do around there but if you drive to stillwater, there are a ton of antique shops and quaint restaurants. You can also bike up chilakoot hill! Steepest climb in a crit in the u.s.

Or go to the cities. Tons to do here.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck!

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Heading up from central WI this afternoon. Great race 4th time, 1st since being Toughman. Great community that really supports the race. Staying in Northbranch 25 min north (only hotel accepts our three furballs). Looks like an intention drive with weather- flash flood watch- and t storms. Going to be a great day though. Good luck to all

"There are no problems in life, just many leadership and learning opportunities." SED
Quote Reply