Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Your feel-good police shooting story of the day [champy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
champy wrote:
TheForge wrote:
Personally I'm getting tired of these police debates. It tends to show me the bad side of people I agree with 99% of the time. I don't like that.

Agree.

It's not about people having these debates, it's about these ubiquitous damn cell phones with video cameras - and cops that keep capping our asses.
Quote Reply
Re: Your feel-good police shooting story of the day [MJuric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MJuric wrote:
who said anything about racism?

Sorry, wasn't clear. I was not implying that you were saying it was about racism. I'm saying that "White cop shoots black guy" is the current meme and that some will certainly attempt to use this as further proof cops are racists. In fact I've already heard the "People are outraged" lines on TV.

Not really much to be outraged about over this. Cop had his finger on the trigger when he probably shouldn't have. Had nothing to with race, but that will not keep some claiming it is.

~Matt

Had nothing to do with race. The fact that you are convinced of it at his point shows a little bias, dontchathink? This cop fucked up, admitted it, treated the victim like a criminal, and now his department is digging that hole deeper by telling outright lies that make absolutely zero sense. Yeah, the outrage on this one is so unwarranted. Let me count the ways I feel bad for you that you have to hear about it on TV. A big fucking doughnut.
Quote Reply
Re: Your feel-good police shooting story of the day [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
orphious wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
orphious wrote:
Whole video not shown. Shows before and after the shot. Lookin like Police fucked up but you dont know unless you see all the footage.

Well the story says the police have admitted they erred and a settlement is being negotiated, so I would say yes, we know.

Police in the US face an incredibly difficult task. In most western societies where guns are banned, in most situations the police can safely assume citizens are not armed, so in a situation such as this, or indeed most situations, they can comfortably approach suspects, calmly and talk to people to find out what's going on. But in the US they have to assume there is a high chance people may be armed. So they often stand off, point their guns, bark orders and threaten to shoot if those orders aren't immediately complied with. Then, often, when they are not complied with to their satisfaction, bang...

Bolded part isn't even remotely true.

Sadly it's very true, and if you think not you are choosing to look away.

In two minutes I found:
- Walter Scott
- Philando Castille
- Akai Gurley
- Daniel Shaver
- Levar Jones
I could go on

Seems like you don't know what the word "often" means.
Quote Reply
Re: Your feel-good police shooting story of the day [AlanShearer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this the right room for an argument?
Quote Reply

Prev Next