Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Filtered pictures (aren't I an amazing photographer?!?) [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
For the record this isn't the most serious thread I have ever posted.

I know, man. But I'm sitting here imagining you muttering to yourself, "Mother Nature, pssh. That bitch isn't all that."

It's funny in my head, anyway.

But the worst part is that he mentioned a lake we go to to fish that nobody goes to.

Yeah, that's not cool at all.

Locals should beat his ass for exposing a spot!

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Filtered pictures (aren't I an amazing photographer?!?) [jriosa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's three heavily filtered photos shot on my phone.

And two unfiltered...

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Filtered pictures (aren't I an amazing photographer?!?) [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
BLeP wrote:
For the record this isn't the most serious thread I have ever posted. I am not pissed, more like incredulous at the fraudulent activity.

But the worst part is that he mentioned a lake we go to to fish that nobody goes to. Holy crap! The first rule of fishing is you do not talk about hotspots.

Now go kick his ass. Camping/fishing/hunting spots are never to be shared without group consent.

We are starting to get to the bottom of this now. Blep is like a woman. He says he's mad about one thing, but it's really something else.
Quote Reply
Re: Filtered pictures (aren't I an amazing photographer?!?) [mr. mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mr. mike wrote:
owen. wrote:
BLeP wrote:
For the record this isn't the most serious thread I have ever posted. I am not pissed, more like incredulous at the fraudulent activity.

But the worst part is that he mentioned a lake we go to to fish that nobody goes to. Holy crap! The first rule of fishing is you do not talk about hotspots.

Now go kick his ass. Camping/fishing/hunting spots are never to be shared without group consent.

We are starting to get to the bottom of this now. Blep is like a woman. He says he's mad about one thing, but it's really something else.

And he takes moose dick in the culo.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Filtered pictures (aren't I an amazing photographer?!?) [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:

You should gut that motherfucker just like a fish and leave his carcass for the wolves, and never give it another thought.

Loose lips sink ships.
Quote Reply
Re: Filtered pictures (aren't I an amazing photographer?!?) [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah, if we catch anyone fishing there we'll just beat them senseless and sink their boats!

#localfishingonly

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Filtered pictures (aren't I an amazing photographer?!?) [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
EndlessH2O wrote:
Look at what Ansel Adams did with his filters and dodging/burning in the darkroom. Using his Red #25a or a Polarizer and hands back in the days of film did the same thing that your friend does. Letting the camera make the call on the correct exposure in my mind is cheating. For my 35mm digital system, I don't shoot with any filters on my lenses, and the only Lightroom preset I use from time to time is Direct Positive. Being old school, I'm not a fan of overly editing images, because if I can't get it right in-camera at time of exposure, it's not worth the image.

Depending on your definition of "editing" I tend to agree with you.

However, "editing" for happens before I open the shutter. If the light isn't right, I make it right.

When I printed my own stuff I did so much shit in the darkroom, dodging and burning, filtration, masking, diffusion, rubber cement, bleach.....

All to make it look like what I saw. There is no real. It's all a scam.

Now too much digital manipulation degrades the quality but who cares about quality anymore?

There is no spoon...

Quote Reply
Re: Filtered pictures (aren't I an amazing photographer?!?) [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of the scene in Natural Born Killers after Mickey gets bit by the snake and they go to the drug store to find anti-venom.

The whole scene in the store is cast green. They did it by using regular film stock under the fluorescent light that was available without filtering (magenta 30 IIRC). Daylight balanced film with that light source will make everything green.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply

Prev Next