Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Republican convention thread [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
FACT CHECK: Mostly true, although 18 protesters were arrested and two police officers reported minor injuries.
Thanks, for a second I thought that I was safe. This entire incident terrifies me, and it is clear that society has completely unraveled. But who can help me???
Quote Reply
Re: Republican convention thread [windywave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
It's always funny to hear guys like Forge talk about how incompetent govt workers are, as if the private sector is all top notch.
Says the government worker ....

I;ve been employed in the government, private sector, and non-profit sectors, and I haven't seen any significant difference.
Quote Reply
Re: Republican convention thread [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, for a second I thought that I was safe

Clearly you haven't been paying attention to Trump. We're all basically living in a Charles Bronson movie. Trump alone can deliver us.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
slowguy wrote:
tyrod1 wrote:
Almost as incompetent as guys on wall st causing crash or the guys who put together the convention.

It's always funny to hear guys like Forge talk about how incompetent govt workers are, as if the private sector is all top notch.

Says the military officer, which I suspect, is different than the govt workers Forge is talking about.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Republican convention thread [oldandslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
oldandslow wrote:
Quote:

I;ve been employed in the government, private sector, and non-profit sectors, and I haven't seen any significant difference.

Didn't realize that needed to be pink. Thought it was droll enough.

But since you brought it up? Really? You honestly feel that way? You either are low functioning or have worked with the highest functioning government employees ever. (Or conversely the vast majority of my government employee interactions have to have been with the dregs of government employees).
Quote Reply
Re: Republican convention thread [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
slowguy wrote:
tyrod1 wrote:
Almost as incompetent as guys on wall st causing crash or the guys who put together the convention.

Says the military officer, which I suspect, is different than the govt workers Forge is talking about.

Jeezus you too? I will make droll comments pink in the future.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
windywave wrote:
slowguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
slowguy wrote:
tyrod1 wrote:

That, or you could make them,...you know, droll.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Republican convention thread [slowguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
slowguy wrote:
windywave wrote:
slowguy wrote:
tyrod1 wrote:

That, or you could make them,...you know, droll.

Now you're just being pissy. . . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:
Wow. I read through that link earlier, but just got around to playing the video clips.

Quite the spectacle.

At the risk of sounding melodramatic, I am continually astonished at his lack of impulse control and petulance. His very first public appearance with his VP candidate, the morning after the "unifying" convention, and he's beating up on Ted Cruz again. Not Hillary, but the guy who came closest to winning a plurality in the GOP primary. He has no capacity whatsoever to take the high road, or even the sensible road. It's all about winning with him, at any cost. Also astonishing is how people claim to support him for his tell-it-like-it-is approach to politics, yet he won't even own up to his own twitter posts, and lies like a 3rd grader when called out on it. I mean, wow. Wow.

The devil made me do it the first time, second time I done it on my own - W
Quote Reply
Re: Republican convention thread [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
vitus979 wrote:
Wow. I read through that link earlier, but just got around to playing the video clips.

Quite the spectacle.

At the risk of sounding melodramatic, I am continually astonished at his lack of impulse control and petulance. His very first public appearance with his VP candidate, the morning after the "unifying" convention, and he's beating up on Ted Cruz again. Not Hillary, but the guy who came closest to winning a plurality in the GOP primary. He has no capacity whatsoever to take the high road, or even the sensible road. It's all about winning with him, at any cost. Also astonishing is how people claim to support him for his tell-it-like-it-is approach to politics, yet he won't even own up to his own twitter posts, and lies like a 3rd grader when called out on it. I mean, wow. Wow.

Please don't take this as support for Trump, but isn't he no different than any other candidate with the exception of the fact that he does his dirty work out in the open?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Republican convention thread [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

At the risk of sounding melodramatic, I am continually astonished at his lack of impulse control and petulance.

There's nothing melodramatic about that at all- his petulance and immaturity is astonishing.

I have to think that everyone around him did everything in their power to talk him out of that performance, right?

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Republican convention thread [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
but isn't he no different than any other candidate with the exception of the fact that he does his dirty work out in the open?

That's quite a big difference though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
vitus979 wrote:

At the risk of sounding melodramatic, I am continually astonished at his lack of impulse control and petulance.

There's nothing melodramatic about that at all- his petulance and immaturity is astonishing.

I have to think that everyone around him did everything in their power to talk him out of that performance, right?

After watching Ivanka's performance Friday night, I have to think she's either living on another planet and just drops in for media appearances, or is calling him on the daily telling him to knock it the fuck off, already.

I would vote for her over him in a heartbeat.

Quote Reply
Re: Republican convention thread [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
but isn't he no different than any other candidate with the exception of the fact that he does his dirty work out in the open?

That's quite a big difference though.

Yuge.

Quote Reply

Prev Next