Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Stranger Things on Netflix [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
H- wrote:
She is a kid. She is also a kid with powers. An angry kid with powers can easily fall into trouble. El rejected that.

Speaking of which....

I thought the early episodes where she was mad at Hopper were kind of funny. I said to my wife, "Why does he think he's in charge? She's the one with superpowers."

Shes still a kid. Kids generally want security and structure.

Also, elephants can fuck up the circus trainer, but they usually dont.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Re: Stranger Things on Netflix [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veganerd wrote:
mck414 wrote:
Warning possible spoiler follows

Watched Episode 8 (season 2) today. I actually yelled out, "no, not Bob!"

And no way in hell Riser's character is dead, too easy, too clean.

I also found myself rooting for rudy!

They can’t kill samwise gamgee. He defeated Sauron only to be eaten by alien dogs?

Watching episode 9 right now. exorcist 2017.
Last edited by: davec: Nov 12, 17 21:58
Quote Reply
Re: Stranger Things on Netflix [H-] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
H- wrote:
It's back.

Again.

Can't believe there's been no thread or revival of this one.

My youngest son (21 y/o) and I have watched six of eight so far. Very well done.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We've just done episode 6 too. Loving it!

The only issue is my wife doesn't have binge watching tendencies like me, otherwise I'd have watched them all over last weekend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We just finished it. I thought it was great. The glimpse of next season in the credits looks awesome too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been wanting to watch this. At beach and house has Netflix. Watched first 2 Eps of season 1 the other night and got hooked. Made wife watch them again w me last night, she got hooked so we watched Episode 3 and Ep 4. Feel like instead of watching TV we should be sitting on deck enjoying ocean, so we just ordered S1 and S2 from Target. As someone who watched X-Files from premier to bitter end, can't believe I am so late to this show.
Quote Reply
Re: Stranger Things on Netflix [veganerd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
**Spoiler Alert**

I watched Season 1 and 2 in the Philippines with my wife and daughter and thought it was very well done. My daughter loved El. They just immigrated to Canada and on our trip from Vancouver to Ontario, we mostly camped and on the nights we stayed in a hotel or B&B, we would watch Season 3. I didn't like it as much as the first 2 seasons but they both did and now looking forward to Season 4.

I was reading how the writers changed the script mid-season regarding the romance between Steve and Robin. They were originally meant to be a couple but then changed it to her being lesbian. I thought that for that age group, why do they have to change the original plan?
Quote Reply
Re: Stranger Things on Netflix [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will there be a Season 4. The way 3 ended, other than the clip at the very end, it didn't seem like a Season 4 would be in the works.
An FYI for those watching season 3. After the finale, watch all the way through the credits for a bonus clip.
I liked 1 & 2 better than 3.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
**Spoiler Alert**

I watched Season 1 and 2 in the Philippines with my wife and daughter and thought it was very well done. My daughter loved El. They just immigrated to Canada and on our trip from Vancouver to Ontario, we mostly camped and on the nights we stayed in a hotel or B&B, we would watch Season 3. I didn't like it as much as the first 2 seasons but they both did and now looking forward to Season 4.

I was reading how the writers changed the script mid-season regarding the romance between Steve and Robin. They were originally meant to be a couple but then changed it to her being lesbian. I thought that for that age group, why do they have to change the original plan?

What age group are you referring to? The target audience or the characters?

I thought it seemed a bit anachronistic, too woke for the times.
Quote Reply
Re: Stranger Things on Netflix [mattr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattr wrote:
Will there be a Season 4. The way 3 ended, other than the clip at the very end, it didn't seem like a Season 4 would be in the works.
An FYI for those watching season 3. After the finale, watch all the way through the credits for a bonus clip.
I liked 1 & 2 better than 3.

I agree, some of it is probably just it’s getting hackneyed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
***SPOILER ALERT***

I thought season 3 kinda jumped the shark. I've enjoyed each season a little less than the one before it. I may be done. I did like the last episode of season 3 and think they could just stop there. Now we're going to Russia to save Hopper? Come on............... My wife described season 3 perfectly, I think. She said she felt like she was watching a episode of Scooby Doo.
Quote Reply
Re: Stranger Things on Netflix [Spiridon Louis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Everything came out a little too perfect.

I heard Season 3 described as "campy" and thought that was pretty spot on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:
**Spoiler Alert**

Yeah, I thought it was a bit to pandering. To me it seemed to be written in to check all the boxes. It was more that the lesbian thing was on top of the inter racial relationship in the group. Absolutely nothing wrong with either situation, it just came off heavy handed with it in the show, making a social statement, rather than being organic. The relationship between Lucas and Max seemed natural, organic.

In comparison, after all the teen angst build up and romance tension between Steve/Robin, to toss in "oh, i'm a lesbian" at the end of it, was awkward and a let-down of where they had taken that relationship all season.

Quote Reply
Re: Stranger Things on Netflix [Endo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
after all the teen angst build up and romance tension between Steve/Robin, to toss in "oh, i'm a lesbian" at the end of it, was awkward and a let-down of where they had taken that relationship all season.

Well stated.

If they were going to have the romance be thwarted because she is a lesbian, then they should have handled that immediately when they met. Of course, then their whole interaction wouldn't have been so interesting.

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply

Prev Next