Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official Ironman Lake Placid Slowtwitch Race-Day Sherpa Support Thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope you weren't the Eric at a bar the other night telling no fewer than two strangers in the span of 5 minutes about your "super aero carbon disc" and asked about the quality of nearby tattoo shops for athletes you coach who "need" to get tattoos on Monday... 🙄

[if you were, please stop talking to other humans]

/endrant
/neverleavingmyapartmentagain

tweets.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ironman Lake Placid Slowtwitch Race-Day Sherpa Support Thread [siegfried08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
haha no, I never leave the house after 8pm. That sounds like an epic "coach" though... Maybe it was Ben Greenfield?

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ironman Lake Placid Slowtwitch Race-Day Sherpa Support Thread [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
haha no, I never leave the house after 8pm. That sounds like an epic "coach" though... Maybe it was Ben Greenfield?

Sadly, it was not Ben G. That would have been way more fun than this dbag. I'm definitely putting "willing to scope out tat shops" on my check list for any future coaches.

tweets.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ironman Lake Placid Slowtwitch Race-Day Sherpa Support Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev, little over an hour from the bottom to the arch of the "castle". Under estimated the climb, over geared, cold start, no caffeine... Not the most pleasant experience.

But the descent!!! Smooth as butter 52-55mph the whole way down. Not quite as curvy as Mt. Lemmon or PCH climbs but soooooo fast and fun.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericM40-44 wrote:
Dev, little over an hour from the bottom to the arch of the "castle". Under estimated the climb, over geared, cold start, no caffeine... Not the most pleasant experience.

But the descent!!! Smooth as butter 52-55mph the whole way down. Not quite as curvy as Mt. Lemmon or PCH climbs but soooooo fast and fun.

An hour is a decent time. My best was 54 min and I am normally 58-65 depending on conditions. I estimate that 60 takes around 3.9 - 4W per kilo. Wind can make a big difference because most of the climb is "one way" and wind generally flows from the West. When I did the 54, we had a still air day, probably with some thermals/tailwind. Probably the only day in my 40's I was close to 4.3-4.4W per kilo! I hope to head up to do Whiteface later this year. I did Alpe d'Huez last month in 65 min the day after a 6.5 hour ride that included Galibier and Alpe d'Huez (easy) so the legs were fairly trashed. I think I can get close to 60 min on Whiteface with the lower elevation start and finish even though both have the same stats (13k, 8%)
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ironman Lake Placid Slowtwitch Race-Day Sherpa Support Thread [siegfried08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never had a tattoo, so we probably couldn't work together. I'm not one for trucker hats either

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ironman Lake Placid Slowtwitch Race-Day Sherpa Support Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha, I just checked and it was 1:08!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck to the Sherp-ees and all the athletes doing IMLP!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for being out there before and during the race!
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ironman Lake Placid Slowtwitch Race-Day Sherpa Support Thread [TamiR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TamiR wrote:
Thanks for being out there before and during the race!

Tami great to meet you and congrats on your great performance. Love your bike!

Quote Reply

Prev Next